• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Google Maps connect annoyance.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Ill try the high memory one again i thnk and see what happens if other poeple have got it to work i must be able to

Its not the end of the world though as the low memory one is pretty good and i cant tell the difference between them

Anyone know what the differences are between the low and high memory versions

JEREMY

Posted

Ok i downloaded the high memory one again and yep it works perfectly now.

got a question any way of directly putting a shortcut to opera mini in SPB pocket plus.

I can (and have) put a shortcut to the midlet manager then can launch opera mini from there but how do i put a shortcut to the midlet directly really

JEREMY

Posted

Ok i downloaded the high memory one again and yep it works perfectly now.

got a question any way of directly putting a shortcut to opera mini in SPB pocket plus.

I can (and have) put a shortcut to the midlet manager then can launch opera mini from there but how do i put a shortcut to the midlet directly really

JEREMY

Not sure you would be able to? They only exist inside the java engine (midlet manager) don't they?

Posted

yeah that's what I thought but then I might as well have asked in case I was wrong

cheers though

Jeremy

Posted

Tried Mobile Gmaps over the weekend and found it completely unuseable over GPRS - worse than Virtual Earth Mobile. Maps24 works well, although the search function couldn't find one major employer by postcode, and the planned route from my house to work involved a short, but peculiar diversion onto a motorway. I've just installed the official google maps mobile but haven't really tested yet. I can see me keeping Maps24, but I'm not sure it's got great advantages over the mobile version of Multimap...

Richard

Posted (edited)

Just to give an old thread a new lease of life....

I recently upgraded my T-Mob MDA Vario II from WM5 to WM6 and was surprised to find that the problem still exists - the Tao Midlet manager doesn't have the 'Session' security option.

There's a good thread over at xda-developers called 'All the Intent MIDlet Managers 11.x ever released'. I tried to install the latest version (11.1.7.1036) which is actually the same version as on the device, but it failed for security reasons (although the device is app unlocked).

However, the good news is that I was able to extract the appropriate file from the .cab, renamed it (to rofs_target.zip), copied it over the one on my device (\Application Data\Tao\intent) after having made a backup copy of the original, set the 'System' attribute (not sure if that's actually needed, but the original file has it set) et voila, 'session' is back :)

Note that you may need to re-install the apps, to get the 'session' option.

rofs_target.zip

Edited by fozzie