• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Latest Orange SPV M5000 ROM Update

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

I just found this link to the latest Orange ROM update (Dated 25th August 2006)

Latest SPV M5000 ROM

Can anyone tell me what it gives that the previous update didnt, as its quite a painfull job upgrading the ROM then having to re-install all my software and registering and configuring it all back to how I want it.

Just wondered if it would be worth the effort.

Cheers

Posted

The only change is that it includes Radio ROM 1.13...not really worth it IMHO.

If u really wanted to, you could upgrade the radio rom only, and leave everything else as is...

Posted

I have never done an update since buying the phine in december, so i thought i'd go for it.

i haven't noticed many changes, apart from a different boot up screen and a different radio control screen, oh and the fact that it seems to crash every couple of days now,requiring a soft reboot, whereas before it might of crashed every few weeks!!

ah well, you live and learn!

Mart

Posted

What version are the other parts of the rom? Could someone confirm?

I did one ROM update about 6 months back, which helped a lot... just want to be sure it's only the radio ROM that I would update I guess.

Posted (edited)

What version are the other parts of the rom? Could someone confirm?

I did one ROM update about 6 months back, which helped a lot... just want to be sure it's only the radio ROM that I would update I guess.

Anyone know what's in the new new one (dated 6th November)?

m5000ruu.exe - just downloading now

update:-

seemingly nothing. "your device is about to be updated from ce 1.30.90, ext 1.30.174, radio 1.13.00 to ce 1.39.90, ext 1.30.174, radio 1.13.00".

Edited by bluemeat

Posted

Anyone know what's in the new new one (dated 6th November)?

m5000ruu.exe - just downloading now

update:-

seemingly nothing. "your device is about to be updated from ce 1.30.90, ext 1.30.174, radio 1.13.00 to ce 1.39.90, ext 1.30.174, radio 1.13.00".

Is that a typo?

Posted

Is that a typo?

yes. :)

Posted (edited)

well the difference...from what i can SEE...

well the commmanagers has changed it looks more nicer...

you got a battery status thingymajig where the time used to be..

the time has been moved lower down on the today screen...

thats it really...i havnt found anything else...

at the moment im using WM6..i cant remember exactly whats changed...

Edited by Shajahan Shaharia

Posted

well the difference...from what i can SEE...

well the commmanagers has changed it looks more nicer...

you got a battery status thingymajig where the time used to be..

the time has been moved lower down on the today screen...

thats it really...i havnt found anything else...

at the moment im using WM6..i cant remember exactly whats changed...

Also, although I dont know what M$ did under the hood of AKU 2 - but IE page loading etc is alot quicker than it used to be!!

Matt

Posted

Faster page loading in IE could be simply the updated radio ROM.

I thought about patching my phone with this update until I ran across this thread. If the radio ROM is the only real change, then I might as well only install that update and save me having to hard-reset the device...

Has nobody seen any noticeable improvement from installing this?

Posted

You mean people are still running WM5 on their Universal? :)

Posted

Apperantly yes.. people are running wm5 on thair Universal.

Ive tried flashing a cuple times... no sucsess.

Im just worried to brick my phone...

Ill buy a new Handset with rthe operating system... its less risky:-)

Posted

You mean people are still running WM5 on their Universal? :)

Ho ho...

Regardless of how stable it appears to be, I wouldn't trust most of my M5000 users with an unofficial ROM. They're quite capable of breaking the phone anyway, so if they can send it directly back to Orange without needing me to re-flash it first, that speeds responses up. :P

That said, I'm happy on WM6 on my personal Universal, so it's all good, really...

Posted

I found the start screen is much more friendlier with calender reminders being shown when you boot up. Seems to be generally more user friendly. Richard