New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest anbulga
Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :rolleyes:

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

Great application!

But every time I turn off my treo pro I need to re-disable the GPRS connection toggling on it because otherwise it try to reconnect automatically. There is a way to avoid it and to disable the connection even if the phone is turn off and then on?

Thanks

Bye

Guest anbulga
Weirdness, your browser is doing something weird then :)

P

If I turn off my phone (treo pro) and then turn it on again Nodata loses its settings and my phone reconnects to GPRS automatically.. :rolleyes: ..there is a way to prevent it? bye

I am new to WinMo world and I have a noob question. On my HTC Touch Pro, in TouchFLO 3D, when I go to Settings/Communications and I use ON/OFF switch to turn OFF "Data Connection" shouldn't this turn off GPRS?? Or do I realy need this program (nodata) to get the job done?

Guest jet987

just like post #19... on my Treo Pro, I download the cab file in the first post of this thread in Internet Explorer on my phone, and it stores it as "index.php", I go to file explorer and run it, then it errors out. I cannot find nodata in my list of programs. How can I get this to run? I've downloaded many cab files successfully except this one.

Edited by jet987

Guest jet987

I got it to work, by downloading the cab file from another site. Good app!

just like post #19... on my Treo Pro, I download the cab file in the first post of this thread in Internet Explorer on my phone, and it stores it as "index.php", I go to file explorer and run it, then it errors out. I cannot find nodata in my list of programs. How can I get this to run? I've downloaded many cab files successfully except this one.

Found answer to my previous question :)

I just want to say this is fantastic app (especially when you are in roaming)!! Just one question: I have these accounts:

- Telenor GPRS

- Telenor MMS

(both configured manually)

When I disable GPRS (and leave MMS enabled) it doesn't even try to connect when I use Opera or when I try to check e-mail. But if I update weather it tries to connect to my MMS account (?!) and of course it fails downloading update since MMS account doesn't support that but it remains connected to MMS account for a while.

Is there a way to solve this (i.e. to forbid HTC Weather widget from using MMS account)?

Guest cltcsfan4

Hi guys i was hoping you could help with this program (searched pages but no luck). I want to shut off all data except for MMS. When i open the program these are the options:

AT&T - enable/disable

ICS - enable/disable

Proxy - enable/disable

if i disable AT&T data shuts off but so does MMS. the other two disabled does nothing. I am using a Treo 750 with WM5 if that helps.

Guest jwagner

Sorry to say, it does not work on my IPAQ 111 Classic. Comes up with an error: NullRefrenceException, at NoData.frmMain

I was hoping to limit my WiFi connection to one specified connection rather than allowing it connect to a different available wifi network if my intended network drops for some reason.

please advise whether NoData should be able to do this.

Tx

Guest Chavdar

It does not work on my HTC S740 windows smartphone!

The error is:

Nodata.exe

NullReferenceExeptionn

at

NoData.frmMain.PopulateListBox()

at

NoData.frmMain.frmMain_Load()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form.onload()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

at NoData.frmMain.Main()

If you get yourself pockettooman it has this function in it, along with loads of other tweaks.

http://pockettoolman.clarencechau.ca/

It's a must have for me...

Thanks for the application, but just out of curiosity,

when i run this app, I am faced with two elements:

Mobile Web - ENABLED / DISABLED

02 Active - ENABLED / DISABLED

what is the difference between the two?

(working on xperia /02)

I wondered this too. I disabled both to be sure. :)

PS Appears to be working fine on my HTC Touch HD

Edited by sponge

Guest artcadre

Hello,

Thank you for this utility, its work great on my omnia.

Thanks again

Hugues

For French people

Je l'ai installé sur mon "omnia" et cela fonctionne très bien, facile à utilisé.

merci pour cet utilitaire

Hugues

Guest patruns

Does not appear to work with the iPAQ 510. Installs fine, but the phone seems to block the utility's ability to edit the registry.

"NoData.exe

ExternalException

Error writing to the RegistryKey

at

InThHand.Win32.RegistryKey.

SetValue()

and basically all of the keys it wants to write to.

Yep, you were right. I unlocked it and the utility works fine now. Thanks!

I've installed No data on Touch HD and disabled all orange data connections, but when using TT6 phone still turning data connection on even though i have told TT6 to use internal GPS device. Any ideas anyone?

Guest patruns
I've installed No data on Touch HD and disabled all orange data connections, but when using TT6 phone still turning data connection on even though i have told TT6 to use internal GPS device. Any ideas anyone?

GPS? We are talking about GPRS internet connections here.

Guest Raingblustar
Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

nodata.cab

This is brilliant!! I was searching the web all over for this!! I can't believe I started to research unlocking a registry with my kind of computer knowledge!

I'm not a computer person at all, even less with Windows Mobile. It took me 3 hours to even figure out how to install this on my LG CT810 (Incite)!! Then, it took me another hour to find the application. But I did it.

Thank you SO MUCH!

Guest mickego

Here are 2 similar tools I made

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-so...e-toggling-app/

First tool can Toggle between configurable Reg-values "ToggleIt"

(I use this to toggle between FingerMouse On/Off)

You can set any number of entries in ToggleIt.ini

the 2'nd one is like NoData

but it can be started with arg's.

0= Turn all GPRS Off

1= Turn all GPRS On

2= Toggle all GPRS to opposite value

When using arg's it will close itself down after the work is done.

This means You can have a Shortcut and a click to do any of above tasks

without need for any more interactions.

If started Without Arg, You will have a Userinterface

to handle Your GPRS-Connections

From GUI it is also possible to create

Shortcuts in Start-Menu or/and Programs-folder

to handle above tasks

Edited by mickego

Guest karldavvers

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

P

nodata.cab

Hi Paul,

Just registered, and downloaded the app for nodata....it is there in my file explorer as index, so pretty sure it has dowloaded o.k.....now I may be being stupid, but how do I actually use the app....where is it

on the menus, so that I can disable...the only thing I can find is GPRS authentication...sorry for being stupid, but any help would be appreciated, I am going on holiday tomorrow to Thailand, and could do without data roaming charges....thanks in advance, apologies for being stupid

Hi Paul,

Just registered, and downloaded the app for nodata....it is there in my file explorer as index, so pretty sure it has dowloaded o.k.....now I may be being stupid, but how do I actually use the app....where is it

on the menus, so that I can disable...the only thing I can find is GPRS authentication...sorry for being stupid, but any help would be appreciated, I am going on holiday tomorrow to Thailand, and could do without data roaming charges....thanks in advance, apologies for being stupid

On your phone If you click on the nodata.cab you have downloaded. The installer will run asking you where to install it. Device is fine. Once it has done all of this it should appear on the start menu and in the programs menu. Click on the connection to toggle and hit toggle, it will cancel that connection.

On your phone If you click on the nodata.cab you have downloaded. The installer will run asking you where to install it. Device is fine. Once it has done all of this it should appear on the start menu and in the programs menu. Click on the connection to toggle and hit toggle, it will cancel that connection.

I just noticed you said you downloaded a file called index. You will need to download the file through your computer or the opera browser. Then follow my instructions.

The index file is a slight bug somewhere it is not the program installer.

PS hope you get all of this before you leave.