Headphone adaptors for STRTRk?

Guest pedah3

Has anyone found an adaptor that fits with the proprietary plug on the phone to convert to standard headphones so that we can use more than just the set that came with the phone? I found the i.tech clip S35 Bluetooth adaptor, but would like just a simple plug converter.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alex0078
Has anyone found an adaptor that fits with the proprietary plug on the phone to convert to standard headphones so that we can use more than just the set that came with the phone? I found the i.tech clip S35 Bluetooth adaptor, but would like just a simple plug converter.

Has anyone discovered anything yet?

Guest wingzerothree
Has anyone discovered anything yet?

well im rich so i just bought the motorola bluetooth stereo headphones. the HT820 i believe. and it works freakin awesome. I use it at work in my datacenter labs and it covers the ear and reduces outside noise and music is crystal clear.

Guest BWB8771
well im rich so i just bought the motorola bluetooth stereo headphones. the HT820 i believe. and it works freakin awesome. I use it at work in my datacenter labs and it covers the ear and reduces outside noise and music is crystal clear.

I'm not sure about the others, but since I don't drive a BT-enabled car, I'm looking for something to plug into my car adapter (or vice versa).

Guest kingbear2

There's a way to make one - it involves soldering and ripping apart the old one. I forgot where I saw it, but if you search the web you will find it.

• 1 month later...
Guest snesdude
There's a way to make one - it involves soldering and ripping apart the old one. I forgot where I saw it, but if you search the web you will find it.

One could get away without soldering by entangling both wires together and using a lot of electrical tape :) . I did this to make an Xbox<->USB adapter for the controller, and it worked, but I don't think it could take much stress. Heatshrink would probably work much better, but still the wires may come apart without soldering.

See here for hacking up the included headset into a 3.5mm jack adapter.

Edited by snesdude

• 1 month later...
One could get away without soldering by entangling both wires together and using a lot of electrical tape :) . I did this to make an Xbox<->USB adapter for the controller, and it worked, but I don't think it could take much stress. Heatshrink would probably work much better, but still the wires may come apart without soldering.

See here for hacking up the included headset into a 3.5mm jack adapter.

Hey there, folks... Before I go stocking up on soldering supplies - has anyone found a place to purchase such an adapter (HTC StrTrk proprietary "USB" to 3.5mm stereo audio jack)?

I've noticed that some vendors are selling such an adpater for the TyTN/Hermes that they (incorrectly) advertise as being compatible with the StrTrk. What a pain...

Thanks,

-- brian

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sleewok

I just modified the headset that came with my 3125. I snipped off the earbuds at the end, and replaced them with an auxiliary input. Now I can use any headphones that I like, and i still have the button functionality on the earbuds. I also have an auxiliary input on my stereo, which i use a male-to-male cable to plug into my phone. The quality is great.

When you cut the earbuds you will have 2 wires in each one (along with fiberous strands that I cut off). VERY IMPORTANT: All of the wires (even the copper ones) are coated with a nonconductive paint. In order to get a connection to your new auxiliary input you need to use fine sand paper to remove the coating. Just connect the wires (it's very easy to figure out which wires to connect), test the connect, and wrap with electric tape once verified.

Yay.

Guest sbussinger
how about this one?

HTC Stereo Converter

should work for all HTC devices with mini-usb

That's one of the few big problems with the 3125/QTek8500/StarTrek -- it doesn't used the same connector as any other phone (not even other HTC phones). That EBay auction doesn't mention this phone and the picture doesn't look right for the connector so I can't imagine that it would work.