Microsoft ActiveSync cannot open the COM port

Guest Alcoholocaust

Guest Alcoholocaust

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on this forum. I've had a T-Mobile MDA for a couple months now, and the biggest headache I've had has been this problem.

When I start or wake up my laptop and the Bluetooth dongle isn't connected, I will get the problem described here: http://www.mydigitallife.us/2006/08/activesync_my_r.html

I've tried that program that toggles Activesync on and off at startup, but that's more trouble than it's worth, since it doesn't really save many clicks and keystrokes. Is there another way around this?

Thanks!

Guest notaliberal

Have you tried taking it out of the startup routine with msconfig?

Click Start -> Run and type msconfig

Now click on the last tab to the right, and look for wcescomm.

Uncheck that, close out msconfig, and restart when prompted. Now activesync wont start automatically and therefore won't give oyu that error.

Oh, and when you reboot, make sure to check the box in the dialog window that pops up saying stuff like "you have used the system configuration utility to make changes to the way windows starts....." - otherwise it'll open msconfig again.

Hope that helps, haven't tried.

Good luck,

Guest notaliberal

Well, I guess one way around this (though not a solution by any means) would be to just UNcheck the option (in activesync connection settings) to connect via COM X, and then re-check it whenever you plug in the bluetooth.

Just sucks that you have to remember to uncheck that whenever you take out the BT dongle. But, gets rid of your error anyways...

Good luck,

• 1 year later...
Guest mmm.ggg
Well, I guess one way around this (though not a solution by any means) would be to just UNcheck the option (in activesync connection settings) to connect via COM X, and then re-check it whenever you plug in the bluetooth.

Just sucks that you have to remember to uncheck that whenever you take out the BT dongle. But, gets rid of your error anyways...

Good luck,

Follow the link and change according to firewall to have it work properly and remove the irritable message

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/act...nc/default.mspx