FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Ok, finally I got my mistake...

I was trying to play the wrong ROM:

I needed mslug3.zip (76.8mb)+ mslug3nd.zip (21.4mb) on the same folder and then play ONLY the METAL SLUG 3 (NON ENCRYPTED P, DECRYPTED C) and ignore the mslug3.zip

puf...

That means I'm still missing the mslug4nd.zip file... so... google.

If someone has it or knows of a website with it I'd be very apreciated.

:)

---

PolloLoco, I dont play the ROMS with sound but I can play so far all these metal slugs:

mslug.zip 12.5mb

mslug2.zip 16.9mb

mslug3.zip 76.8mb + mslug3nd.zip 21.4mb

mslugx.zip 27.2mb

I believe the mslug4.zip (60.4mb) need the mslug4nd.zip (29.5?mb) rom, but I dont have it yeat...

Guest راعي &#1
PolloLoco, I dont play the ROMS with sound but I can play so far all these metal slugs:

mslug.zip 12.5mb

mslug2.zip 16.9mb

mslug3.zip 76.8mb + mslug3nd.zip 21.4mb

mslugx.zip 27.2mb

I believe the mslug4.zip (60.4mb) need the mslug4nd.zip (29.5?mb) rom, but I dont have it yeat

mslug3.zip 76.8mb + mslug3nd.zip 21.4mb ???????????

what those mslug3 you have

i have it but it only 35mb

i think that you have the mslug3 for mame because for mame its 76mb !!!!!!!

Edited by راعي الفتك 2005

Guest PolloLoco

Thanks for the info Twolf - I'll try that.

OK - so far I've gotten 1, 2 & X to play (1&X were MAME versions). But none of them with functional sound - which is disappointing. If someone has gotten any of these games to play with sound - I'd really appreciate letting us know.

Ok, I didnt found the zip file but instead I found a way to create it (in a old brasilian forum only alive thru the google cache) with the normal mslug4.zip mame ROM (60.4mb):

> Download the Windows NEOGEO emulator KAWAKS here: http://kawaks.retrogames.com

> Download the mslug4.zip ROM for MAME (not sure if I can give the website link in this forum...), just search it in google.

> Unzip KAWAKS and place your mslug4.zip in the ROM folder.

> Open KAWAKS, go to Tools and select the option "Enable save decrypted Cs after loading"

> Now load the ROm and after loading it, in the KAWAKS.exe folder there should now be some new files:

• ms4n_c1.rom
    ms4n_c2.rom
    ms4n_c3.rom
    ms4n_c4.rom
    ms4n_c5.rom
    ms4n_c6.rom
    ms4n_s1.rom

> Zip them into mslug4nd.zip and it becames a 16.4 mb ROM.

> Now use this rom with your Pocket pc in the same folder as mslug4.zip for Finalburn but load the new decrypted rom instead.

It works for me!

:D

---edit---

Also, about the sound:

metal slug 1 has just music, no sfx

metal slug 2 and 3 have crappy music and sfx

metal slug x has still a little buggy music and only some sfx is heard

metal slug 4 is perfect... really, its impressive.

Edited by twolf

Guest masterall

mikeeey:

I havn't encounter the problem you experienced, well, maybe I will check it later.

twolf:

Yes, your solution is correct. actually, I will make a finalburn for pc which can create cache for both roms (decryped and cryped) soon.

dijital:

ok, I will check gigawing on 0.004.

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey:

I havn't encounter the problem you experienced, well, maybe I will check it later.

twolf:

Yes, your solution is correct. actually, I will make a finalburn for pc which can create cache for both roms (decryped and cryped) soon.

dijital:

ok, I will check gigawing on 0.004.

is it the way how the exe opens? when i play i notice the top right corner of my screen flashing the homescreen sometimes. but with pocketsnes, picodrive, etc theres no flashing at the top. could this have to do with the program exiting? Maybe its not set to be the main window and its just a forground window or something? well as u said u werent sure yet but i was just telling u incase it did have to do with it

o and could u add compatibility with more air shooter games. those games are my favorite.

like the games Dimahoo (dimahoo.zip) and DonPachi (donpachi.zip). Ive tried them both on the pc version of finalburn adn they worked. acually Dimahoo is supported but theres no sound. the sound on that game is awesome and id love it on my smartphone if it had it.

if those games plus some other air shooter games could be supported in the next versioin id be very very very very happy :)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest راعي &#1
Ok, I didnt found the zip file but instead I found a way to create it (in a old brasilian forum only alive thru the google cache) with the normal mslug4.zip mame ROM (60.4mb):

> Download the Windows NEOGEO emulator KAWAKS here: http://kawaks.retrogames.com

> Download the mslug4.zip ROM for MAME (not sure if I can give the website link in this forum...), just search it in google.

> Open KAWAKS, go to Tools and select the option "Enable save decrypted Cs after loading"

> Now load the ROm and after loading it, in the KAWAKS.exe folder there should now be some new files:

ms4n_c1.rom

ms4n_c2.rom

ms4n_c3.rom

ms4n_c4.rom

ms4n_c5.rom

ms4n_c6.rom

ms4n_s1.rom

> Now use this rom with your Pocket pc in the same folder as mslug4.zip for Finalburn but load the new decrypted rom instead.

It works for me!

---edit---

Also, about the sound:

metal slug 1 has just music, no sfx

metal slug 2 and 3 have crappy music and sfx

metal slug x has still a little buggy music and only some sfx is heard

metal slug 4 is perfect... really, its impressive

mmm ill try this

Guest راعي &#1

ms4n_c1.rom

ms4n_c2.rom

ms4n_c3.rom

ms4n_c4.rom

ms4n_c5.rom

ms4n_c6.rom

ms4n_s1.rom

It works for me!

i try it

i downloud metal slug 4 for mame 61 mb and kawaks i replace metal slug 4 in rom folder i Enable save decrypted Cs after loading

but metal slug 4 didnt show in the list game in kawaks ???????

i try it

i downloud metal slug 4 for mame 61 mb and kawaks i replace metal slug 4 in rom folder i Enable save decrypted Cs after loading

but metal slug 4 didnt show in the list game in kawaks ???????

hmmm... maybe you need the neogeo.zip bios in the rom folder too... :)

Guest راعي &#1
hmmm... maybe you need the neogeo.zip bios in the rom folder too

yes i put neogeo.zip in rom folder now it show

the game work fine now on SP5 but autofire didnt work in this game if i push the button 6 time fast it fire 1 time only

i overclouked to 228 mhz now if i push the button 3 time fast it fire 1

i think if i overclouked to 256 it will work fine :)

Guest dijital

hi masterall, is it possible to be able to assign two keys to a button, the keys on the samsung i320 are TINY, it would be nice to assign two keys to a button so they are harder to miss when playing

Edited by dijital

Guest masterall

mikeeey:

the reason why the home screen sometimes can be seen in the top right corner is the different blit algorithm from other emulator. it only black screen for 3 frames but every frame, the first and second black screen operation may not successful due to the home screen may refresh so that you can see it in the top right corner.

yes, compatibility is the key mission right now. I play to start from the cps1qs games(i.e. dino wof), to check why they have no sound now.

dijital:

I am not sure if the function will be added in the 0.005, but it will be added in the future version.

and gigawing is showing correctly in the 0.005.

راعي الفتك 2005:

it seems autifire is not correctly working for neogeo, and there is an alternative method which using dipswitch may working in 0.005.

Edited by masterall

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey:

the reason why the home screen sometimes can be seen in the top right corner is the different blit algorithm from other emulator. it only black screen for 3 frames but every frame, the first and second black screen operation may not successful due to the home screen may refresh so that you can see it in the top right corner.

yes, compatibility is the key mission right now. I play to start from the cps1qs games(i.e. dino wof), to check why they have no sound now.

dijital:

I am not sure if the function will be added in the 0.005, but it will be added in the future version.

راعي الفتك 2005:

it seems autifire is not correctly working for neogeo, and there is an alternative method which using dipswitch may working in 0.005.

could that be the reason why it quits for me? or that wouldnt cause it?

o also i forgot to mention in Dimahoo (dimahoo.zip) theres certian things that are supposed to happen and dont on this version of finalburn. for example when u charge up as the grimreaper guy and shoot the huge sythe it just stays in 1 spot, its supposed to shoot out and come back like a boomerang. also with the boss on the first level he just stands there and does nothing, then after a while it goes to his second stage where u can fight him normal. but yea theres certian things that dont happen rite. on the pc version of finaldrive they work rite tho. just wanted to inform u incase there was somethin missing required to make games like these work rite or somethin.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest dijital
dijital:

Excellent!, also would it be hard to add an option for 'sticky buttons', you know, if you press the key once it remains pressed until you press it again, maybe this will save some finger pain :), that and my other suggestion would be great in all your emulators!

Keep up the AMAZING work!

Edited by dijital

Guest mikeeey

still on the look for that air shooter game. it might be one of the raiden fighters games

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=9246

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_i...47&letter=R

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9248

http://www.arcadebase.de/rfj.htm]http://ww...base.de/rfj.htm

but then again im not sure. i thot the graphics were even better. and i didnt think there were that many planes to choose from. i remember the first level had a HUGE plane/ship thing u had to fight for the boss.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest راعي &#1

what is

fbauds.part01.rar ( 500k ) Number of downloads: 0

fbauds.part02.rar ( 500k ) Number of downloads: 0

fbauds.part03.rar ( 21.29k ) Number of downloads: 0

i unzip it and there is an EXE file but for what ????

where should i put it ????

and some one please uploud macros.dat here

Awesome work... Specially the load and save states are very helpful when playing on the train on my way to work... Thanks alot, i cant wait for the next Version... :)

Guest PolloLoco

I feel like such an idiot. Where do I put tgetfile.dll? I've tried in the rom directory, in the finalburn folder, and in the "state" directory. None works, whenever I try to save - the program tells me it can't find the file.

Also, what does fbauds.exe do?

Finally - for some reason Magic Sword no longer works when I run this new version. I can no longer modify the button configuration for the action buttons. When I try, it only gives me options for the direction keys. Anybody have any idea why this happens? I've seen it happen before and it drives me insane.

Edited by PolloLoco

I feel like such an idiot. Where do I put tgetfile.dll? I've tried in the rom directory, in the finalburn folder, and in the "state" directory. None works, whenever I try to save - the program tells me it can't find the file.

Also, what does fbauds.exe do?

Finally - for some reason Magic Sword no longer works when I run this new version. I can no longer modify the button configuration for the action buttons. When I try, it only gives me options for the direction keys. Anybody have any idea why this happens? I've seen it happen before and it drives me insane.

Unfortunelly I have the same problem too...

I got the file from http://www.tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html and placed it on

\Windows

\storage card\finalburn

\storage card\finalburn\roms

\storage card\finalburn\state

...and nothing seems to be the right place, or is it my file that is the wrong one?

Guest mikeeey

masterall great work!

youve made more cps1 and 2 games run a lot better. even some neogeo games. think of wat u can do to the other neogeo games. im always looking forward to the next version cuz it gets better and better. when more vertical air shooting games work itl be perfect. o and when u can rotate the screen on any game. besides that its almost perfect for me.

Guest mikeeey
Unfortunelly I have the same problem too...

I got the file from http://www.tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html and placed it on

\Windows

\storage card\finalburn

\storage card\finalburn\roms

\storage card\finalburn\state

...and nothing seems to be the right place, or is it my file that is the wrong one?

thats really weird cuz i didnt have to re add it or anything. i dont even need tgetfile.dll in my finalburn folder. from that website i just installed it to my phone. so i never need to keep re adding it into a folder of the game im playing. have u tried just installing it rather than adding the .dll file to a folder?