Virgin Mobile Lobster £109.99!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Remember that Virgin Mobile Lobster 700TV I reviewed recently?

lobstersmall.png

The HTC Monet based device with DAB-IP TV reception and DAB Radio?

If you read the original review (if not why not!), you'll remember I gave it a so-so rating for a keypad I didn't like and TV reception that was disappointing. Having revisited the handset, I have to say my feelings haven't changed... HOWEVER... Virgin are now knocking these babies out online here at a mind boggling £109.99 + £2.99 delivery... and that's including an airtime credit of up to £50!

Crazy!

Despite it's flaws, at this price I have to say it's a seriously attractive proposition, think of it as a portable Radio / TV you can also make calls / check your mail on rather than the other way round perhaps :)

Full details are available at the Virgin Mobile site, and check out our HTC Monet support area too!

P

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ordered mine :)

Just what I need as the room I'm renting has zero reception on Tmobile and I'm stuck in the contract until May.

Now to hope I get some overtime to pay for it :/

Guest Pondrew

Virgin is definately T-Mobile I'm afraid, the girlfriend is just ditching them for O2 at my suggestion :)

Bargain device, just wish I could afford it. Come on everybody, sing with me...

'Money's too tight to mention...'

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Virgin is definately T-Mobile I'm afraid, the girlfriend is just ditching them for O2 at my suggestion :)

Bargain device, just wish I could afford it. Come on everybody, sing with me...

'Money's too tight to mention...'

Just ordered it... I can't afford it but oh well. I'll use it as my work phone! Is there a free unlock for it yet?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Not a free one i'm afraid!

P

My morals can stretch but I can't go the pay route :) Still.. you get some stupid amount of credit back each month I think I read... might be worth keeping on virgin.

Can't believe the delivery either - got mine arranged for Saturday morning, for the same £2.99 price! (I'm not in during the week, but just after this newsport was posted, I was able to select tomorrow as a date if I wanted to.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Anyone know if the same deal is on instore?

And whether they are still doing free megastore vouchers?

P

err.. shite... I assumed they weren't available in store... hope I'm right! Do you get the 28 days thing in store?

I was gonna pa £100 for a portable dab radio anyway

Hi,

Just ordered one, thanks for the heads up, i'll post my views when i've had time to play. I've seen it mentioned that it can be unlocked for £20 in the forum for this phone, but if you wait until Virgin have topped your phone to £30 then you can get it unlocked via them (so in effect it has not cost you anything, but you have to wait a few months since they give you £15 to start then £5 a month!!).

Guest awarner (MVP)

Mine's just arrived and so far I can not get any tv or radio channels :/

Feels ok in the hand good job I'm ambidextrous :)

One thing I did forget though, is a microSD card. Now to wonder off to mobymemory.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Yep

As reception goes this is worse than the vario unless there is transmitter work going on in my area.

So you have rubbish GSM reception, and rubbish DAB too?

Hmm... I know they use different antennas but maybe you have a duff phone which is putting out some interference? Just a thought as I've never used this phone before.

Guest awarner (MVP)

I have about a bar less than the vario would have here, I know that does not always mean much as I could just be on the edge of having the extra bar.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.