o2 Recalling all O2 X1 handsets

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy

o2x1recall_002.jpg

In response to a fault identified with the O2 X1 mobile phone, O2 is recalling this phone and offering customers a new replacement phone free of charge.

For safety reasons O2 recommend that you do not re-charge your X1 phone and return it to us together with charger for replacement immediately. In extreme cases this fault may cause overheating and fire when charging.

The Replacement Phone

The replacement phone that will be sent out to you is the O2 X2i. Below are the features of the X2i.

Triband

Dimensions 88.7 x 44.2 x 22.6 - 95g

Standby / Talk Time 3h, 115h

Camera Details VGA, 4x zoom

Connectivity - Bluetooth

Memory 32mb

o2x1recall.gif

Stocks of are limited and an equivalent model may be provided as an alternative.

What you need to do now.

If you have an O2 X1 phone please gather all the accessories you have together (DO NOT RETURN YOUR SIM CARD), package it securely and return it to:

Freepost RLZU-AJZE-ETGR

Department B

Exel Logistics

Waindyke Way

Normanton Industrial Estate

Normanton

WF6 1TF

Information you MUST include:

To enable us to send the replacement phone to you as quickly as possible please enclose in the parcel:

Your name

The delivery address you want the replacement phone sending to

A contact number

And (if different) your mobile number.

Remember - Make sure any contact numbers you have are saved on your SIM card so you don't lose your contacts.

What will happen then?

On receipt of your X1 phone and charger we will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you as quickly as possible.

How will the replacement be sent?

The O2 X2i will be sent to you via DHL who will need someone to be in to sign for the phone.

What if no-one is in?

If no-one is in, DHL will leave a card with a contact number so you can arrange re-delivery or you can collect the parcel from your nearest depot.

Who can I contact with any further queries?

If you need to contact O2 please call the appropriate number below:

Pay as you go 0800 902 0000

Contract customers 0800 902 0002

[Source]

Guest motty
wow "and may cause fire" - nice :-/

im sure i have a dead one of these lying around somewhere...worth sending it to see if i can get a replacement to flog? :)