TMobile offers on June 1st?

Guest dr who

Guest dr who

So I would like the N80 to be released, but since this sounds like it isn't going to happen maybe an ahead of schedule N83? I would also like the MDA Vario II to be available and with a 50% off tariff for life offer on a 12 month contract with free insurance. Any advance on that?

Guest dr who

C'mon Confucious, I know I said WILD but that would be ridiculous. I mean, who would pay more than ?1/Mb if you could get unlimited data for ?7.50. If any of the networks introduced that it would completely kill off the competition for all the data users out there..................................................

Guest rikwebb

Well, an update on the Vario II.

Just had a call from a guy in T Mob, to tell me that the Vario II is on their system as a future release for August!

So no Vario II for June 1st I am afraid !!!

Rik

Guest dr who

August, eh? Make that September. Oh well, only means that when I pay off that contract from Orange early it will be LESS early and cost me less money. Never mind.

Given that the Vario II won't be seen 'till then and the Nokia N series is borked on T-Mob what exactly are they planning to release tomorrow??????

Guest sporkguy
C'mon Confucious, I know I said WILD but that would be ridiculous. I mean, who would pay more than ?1/Mb if you could get unlimited data for ?7.50. If any of the networks introduced that it would completely kill off the competition for all the data users out there..................................................

:)

I'm not sure what's coming tomorrow - if its not the Vario II, maybe its a new SDA?

Either way I think *something* is coming.. afterall, I wasn't the only one who read that press statements a couple of months ago from Tmobile UK's MD.

Guest xspyda
:lol:

I'm not sure what's coming tomorrow - if its not the Vario II, maybe its a new SDA?

Either way I think *something* is coming.. afterall, I wasn't the only one who read that press statements a couple of months ago from Tmobile UK's MD.

Well, their site was down yesterday evening for a short while ... preparation perhaps?

Still, I am happy with Flext 25 and Unlimited GPRS - a killer tariff for the price.

Surely they are not going to be able to better these deals come tomorrow?

Guest dr who

Hhhmmm, kinda hoping they haven't updated yet. Seem to have a whole new tranche of Motorola phones (gag), the SE 810i and some new Samsungs. Thats it. The Compacts and Vario are missing and no tariff offers. Bit shash really.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

O2 Germany are touting for a July launch of their flavour of the Hermes, so one could hope they will be quick to get it to the UK. Only thing missing then is a similar unlimited data tarrif :)

Guest sporkguy

All I can see different is a couple of new handsets they added a few days ago, and the fact they now offer ?20 more allowance on Flext 25 and 35.

Guest dr who

Poo. I really should have upgraded to the C600 when it was released. I would nearly be at the end of THAT contract now. Instead I STILL have my C500 and nowhere to go. I'm bored of my phone and bored of Orange.

Guest 3times
Poo. I really should have upgraded to the C600 when it was released. I would nearly be at the end of THAT contract now. Instead I STILL have my C500 and nowhere to go. I'm bored of my phone and bored of Orange.

same here, only bonus is I am no longer in contract so can change at any time. may have to try Orange Retentions to see if they want to offer me an N80 for free. :)

Guest morpheus2702

Amen to that.

Nothing really doing it for me on the phone front apart from the M600, but no way am I sticking with Orange with TMobile offering the unlimited data.

C'mon TMobile, get the Hermes or Prophet in and you'll have a new customer tomorrow!

Guest dr who
same here, only bonus is I am no longer in contract so can change at any time. may have to try Orange Retentions to see if they want to offer me an N80 for free. :)

I have been free to upgrade since June LAST year!!!!!!!!! I thought of going the retentions route but unless they offer unlimited data for no more than ?10 then I wouldn't renew with Orange. Now if you manage to get that and an N80 then let me know!

Guest xspyda
All I can see different is a couple of new handsets they added a few days ago, and the fact they now offer ?20 more allowance on Flext 25 and 35.

Guessing this is for 'brand new customers only' ?

Guest dr who
lol I think he's more after a handset to go with a shiny new flext tariff to be honest :)

Mmmmm, shiny. Actually though, can you add data to that SIM??? Even ?15 a month for unlimited data is pretty good - bit of a faff to swap SIM's but give me something to play with until the Vario II shows up.

Guest rikwebb
Mmmmm, shiny. Actually though, can you add data to that SIM??? Even ?15 a month for unlimited data is pretty good - bit of a faff to swap SIM's but give me something to play with until the Vario II shows up.

I would check, but it is refered to as PM (Pay Monthly) so I would imagine you can add WnW.

I think that when new phones come, you should be able to move this to a Flext or Relax Tarif, and still get the deals available to new customers.

Rik

Guest confucious

I am sure I have read somewhere that other people have added W'n'W to this and you can cancel at any time - if you move to another Tarrif you would not be a new customer if you kept the number - presumebly you could take another number and port the number out and back in again if you really wanted too but it is something to bear in mind.

Guest dr who
I am sure I have read somewhere that other people have added W'n'W to this and you can cancel at any time - if you move to another Tarrif you would not be a new customer if you kept the number - presumebly you could take another number and port the number out and back in again if you really wanted too but it is something to bear in mind.

I'm going to check this out and see if I can put the pro data package on it. Then I will try and unlock my Voda 3G PCMCIA card to give my unlimited laptop data on the move. I will also use it to check out the Orb client properly on my phone. Sweeeetttttt. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Guest rikwebb
I'm going to check this out and see if I can put the pro data package on it. Then I will try and unlock my Voda 3G PCMCIA card to give my unlimited laptop data on the move. I will also use it to check out the Orb client properly on my phone. Sweeeetttttt. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

I would be interested in that one too, maybe I could make use of the Orange 3G Data card that I have just disconected from O.

Rik

Guest confucious
*Web ?n? Walk Professional is subject to a minimum term contract and credit check. Compatible handset or device required. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, a fair use policy applies. T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data use (both sent and received) of up to 2GB per month. T-Mobile may contact customers who exceed this volume of data in two (or more) consecutive months in any six month period to ask them to reduce their usage. If usage is not reduced, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission. Use of Voice over Internet Protocol and Messaging over Internet Protocol is prohibited by T-Mobile. If use of either or both of these services is detected T-Mobile may terminate all contracts with the customer and disconnect any SIM cards and/or web ?n? walk cards from the T-Mobile network.

It' doesn't seem to exclude streaming but the minimum 1 year contract could be a problem.

Guest dr who
It' doesn't seem to exclude streaming but the minimum 1 year contract could be a problem.

Yeah, hoping that they can just add it to the pay and go SIM - its actually not the 'pro' package as shown on the website, since that seems to involve a PCMCIA card, its just the addon. We will see.

Of course, if it is only avaiable on a 12 month contract if you wanted to get out of it you could always VoIP and IM as much as humanly possible untill they terminate the contract...........

Guest confucious
Of course, if it is only avaiable on a 12 month contract if you wanted to get out of it you could always VoIP and IM as much as humanly possible untill they terminate the contract...........

Good thinking - but it might preclude you from ever getting a T contract again....