3000 - £1.28 / second !

Guest xspyda

Guest xspyda

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a similar entry to that below on their bill:

I am on flext 25 and have used about a quarter of my allowance this month and we are well over three quarters of the way into my billing cycle.

I take care to call only UK landlines and mobiles, no 0845's, 0870's 0800's or others - so you can imagine my surprise to see an unbilled amount of ?1.28 on the bill as follows:

16/07/06 00:15 3000 Standard Call 00:00:01 ?1.277

What is this? Looks very much like a scam to me. Am holding for T-Mobile to clarify atm but thought I would see if anyone else has come across it.

Guest xspyda

Much as I hate answering myself (makes me feel mad) ... see below :

** UPDATE **

Apparently it's an adult / multimedia service - lol. Well as it's my other half's phone I can guarantee that it isn't anything she's called - and for one second??? Advice from T-Mob is to text STOP to 69667 as it's nothing to do with T-Mobile according to the T-Mobile rep. Ok, sounds feasible although she didn't seem too clued up on the matter.

Since speaking to her, my other half has found these websites:

http://tmobile.1001messages.com/voicecards/

http://www.t-zones.co.uk/en/Messaging/voice/greetings.html

The first looks remarkable like an official T-Mobile site but the url had me thinking. The second however is an official T-Mobile site and again makes reference to the 3000 number.

Anyone else come across this?

Guest awarner (MVP)

I've not seen anything like this yet, I've seen a mention of the adult bit on my first bill and wondered what it was, but there were no charges etc.

Guest xspyda
Not related to content-lock is it?

P

Whatever it is it's a mystery as to why it's there! I thought by default the content lock was on? If so, it should have prevented anything chargeable I would have thought.

Even more worrying is that it's T-Mobs's own service and they had no idea!

Either way it shouldn't be there, it's been refunded (she says) but I will be looking out for it in future!

Guest chucky.egg

I had an item for 3000 - but its something I called.

You can ring this number and choose a voicemail greeting. Dont remember the duration of my call, but the cost is fixed.

Does anyone know how you get the background music at the callers end when your phone is ringing?

Might see if our T rep can tell me how to do it.

Guest redvers
I had an item for 3000 - but its something I called.

You can ring this number and choose a voicemail greeting. Dont remember the duration of my call, but the cost is fixed.

Does anyone know how you get the background music at the callers end when your phone is ringing?

Might see if our T rep can tell me how to do it.

Caller Tunes?

http://www.t-zones.co.uk/en/t_music/30call...flash/index.jsp

Guest xspyda

Yep. that's the conclusion we came to ... as I say though, I find it worrying that T-Mobile had NO IDEA what it related to and even gave me some obscure number to text with the word 'STOP' to opt out of what she said was some marketing scam!

It's certainly nothing either one of us have dialled knowingly. Will be keeping an eye on my bills for sure!

Guest goochy1
Yep. that's the conclusion we came to ... as I say though, I find it worrying that T-Mobile had NO IDEA what it related to and even gave me some obscure number to text with the word 'STOP' to opt out of what she said was some marketing scam!

It's certainly nothing either one of us have dialled knowingly. Will be keeping an eye on my bills for sure!

Err yes i think i'd be a bit worried if something like that happenned to me especially with it being your networks dealings and they don't know - weird

just keep your eyes peeled would probably be the best tip from me

goochy1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fleabag

Some content on T-Zones is operated by third parties, the rest is operated by departments that do not work within customer service. If you call CS, it is unlikely they have ever heard of the particular service, but if it is subcription they can tell you how to stop it (similarly to what you were told). If you browse T-Zones, entering certain pages can also subscribe you to certain services. So be sure to read all the text on each page before you click 'next'.