MPX220 not upgrading rom

Guest Ross11988

Guest Ross11988

So i am trying to upgrade my MPX220 to the 1.49 rom, i follow all the directions, however when i take out he battery and plug in the USB windows will not detect the phone, it says its a unknown device and because of that the upgrade will not work, i tryed the smartfon.inf but it will not install. I am running Windows Vista, if that has anything to do with, i have the latest MPX220 drivers installed. Any help would be great. Thanks

Guest genaldar
So i am trying to upgrade my MPX220 to the 1.49 rom, i follow all the directions, however when i take out he battery and plug in the USB windows will not detect the phone, it says its a unknown device and because of that the upgrade will not work, i tryed the smartfon.inf but it will not install. I am running Windows Vista, if that has anything to do with, i have the latest MPX220 drivers installed. Any help would be great. Thanks

Vista is the problem. The offline update wizard hasn't been updated in a long time so I won't work with vista (it also doesn't work for xp 64bit, which is why I'm glad I had a regular old xp machine to use).

Guest Ross11988

I can use my brothers machine, but it wont install the smartfon.inf file, he has windows xp running, isnt there another drive that I can use? For Windows XP?

Guest genaldar
I can use my brothers machine, but it wont install the smartfon.inf file, he has windows xp running, isnt there another drive that I can use? For Windows XP?

Not that I'm aware of. I would suggest you find a how-to and follow it to the letter. When i first tried upgrading my rom I had problems to (the computer I used didn't have activesync installed so it wasn't working, took me forever to realize I'm an idiot :)).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Travyboy18
Please read the site rules only official links to ROMs are permitted.

I REALLY NEED THAT UPDATE TOO. Motorola told me that they aren't ever going to offer it again. I am running 1.03 and I need to upgrade really bad.

Guest genaldar

I'm sorry I can't post a link to it (I did but it was removed per the forum rules). Sorry (to the mods as well, I forgot about that rule). You might want to search the smartphone forum over at howardforums.com.

• 2 months later...
Guest geoffrey118

hehe that sounded like the same reply, genaldar!! :rolleyes:

I got warned for posting such contents too :P

Guest genaldar
hehe that sounded like the same reply, genaldar!! :rolleyes:

I got warned for posting such contents too :D

Caught that did ya? :P

• 2 months later...
Guest Guitar1969
You might want to search the smartphone forum over at howardforums.com.

I got it but it still doesn't work - How about posting the last official one for all of us, since Motorola abandoned this phone and you can't find it on their site. I believe 1.46 was the last official one

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest codexis

for me not wokring, i just copied-pasted it to new file and still the same problem.why ishapening with windows vista. doesn't have other driver updated SMARTFON.INF just for vista? i need to flash a mpx200 rom wm6.1. :D

• 7 months later...
Guest audrumma

Can any of you guys help me out? I just got a mpx220 (Its cheap and I really like it), and I downloaded the mpx220 exe file. I ran it and I kept get an error that said i wasn't logged onto the internet. I clearly was logged on to both the internet and ethernet, so I couldn't understand why the process kept stopping at the step where it verifies your internet connection.

I have ActiveSync 4.5 on a Sony Viao (sp?). The Viao has Windows XP which is working fine. It also won't work if I use the new sync software on my brother's Windows Vista Notebook. It then tells me that I'm not connected to ActiveSync. Can any of you help me?