WLAN IP Manager [development stopped]

Guest eisbaer82

Guest eisbaer82

Hi,

i've written a small application that can change the ip address of the wifi adapter and restarts the phone when the registry setting is written.

I think this is interessting for others too, so publish it here. It's based on the .net compact framework 1.0. (i've installed version 2.0 on storage card, but i believe 1.0 is preinstalled on the phone).

Also you're phone must be decertified.

Sorry for my english, my native is german.

Greetings,

Dennis

Screenshots:

post-134710-1169298982_thumb.gif

UPDATE: 2008-01-09

Sorry, my computer crashed and I've had no backups. *blame on me* :)

So I've lost the code and have to stop the development....

Version 1.2 Changes:

- Fixed crash while selecting a different device

Version 1.1 Changes:

- Support for different profiles

WLANIpManager_Setup.CAB

Edited by eisbaer82

Guest eisbaer82
Hey, if you dont mind me asking due to my stupidity.

Why would you want too change your ip?

Sam

On a WLAN network (not mine) I connect to, no DHCP server is running, so the phone cannot connect. With this utility I can switch between DHCP and static IP without using the registry editor.

Also, yesterday night I couldn't sleep and I was bored :)

Edited by eisbaer82

Guest MikeSel

This will be usefull for me! As I switch between my home network (with DHCP) and my Work one (without DHCP) to be honest I was looking at making something my self!

Which I think I will still do, as I want something which can store mutiple profiles!

Still I will use this until then!

Thanks!

Guest eisbaer82
This will be usefull for me! As I switch between my home network (with DHCP) and my Work one (without DHCP) to be honest I was looking at making something my self!

Which I think I will still do, as I want something which can store mutiple profiles!

Thanks!

Mutiple profiles.. Maybe I'll implement this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sebflipper

I have tested your program but I get the following when using it on my O2 XDA IQ/i-mate SP5, when I press Accept on either my profile or while trying to select the Device.

--Error--

An unexpected error has occurred in WLANIpManager.exe. Select Quit and the restart this program, or select Details for more information.

--Details--

WLANIpManager.exe

NullReferenceException

Application::Run+0xf

frmMain::Main+0xa

Any ideas why? Or how can I set my IP Address manually, as I can't seem to find any settings on my i-mate SP5.

Thanks

Edited by sebflipper

Guest eisbaer82
I have tested your program but I get the following when using it on my O2 XDA IQ/i-mate SP5, when I press Accept on either my profile or while trying to select the Device.

--Error--

An unexpected error has occurred in WLANIpManager.exe. Select Quit and the restart this program, or select Details for more information.

--Details--

WLANIpManager.exe

NullReferenceException

Application::Run+0xf

frmMain::Main+0xa

Any ideas why? Or how can I set my IP Address manually, as I can't seem to find any settings on my i-mate SP5.

Thanks

For the error that happens when you try to select a different device, please download the update.

For the error that happens when you want to apply a profile, please try STEP 4 described in the first post of this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/Decertifying-post-AK...33-t244694.html

Reboot your phone after you have modified the registry entries.

Edited by eisbaer82

Guest sebflipper
For the error that happens when you try to select a different device, please download the update.

For the error that happens when you want to apply a profile, please try STEP 4 described in the first post of this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/Decertifying-post-AK...33-t244694.html

Reboot your phone after you have modified the registry entries.

I made the changes to registry on Step 4 of the Decertifying Post and rebooted the phone, then I downloaded your updated WLAN IP Manager (thanks for making an update so quickly) and rebooted again, then after switching on WiFi I launched the app changed the device to: WWAN1 which I think is the Wireless LAN chip (I hope).

Now I get the following message: Error writing to the RegistryKey followed by on the next screen: Error in writing device config! this happens for all the devices and on the default DHCP profile. I double checked that the registry keys were still set and they where and rebooting again doesn't seem to help.

I haven't been able to connect to our Wireless Network as DHCP is disabled. Any other ideas? :)

Guest eisbaer82
I made the changes to registry on Step 4 of the Decertifying Post and rebooted the phone, then I downloaded your updated WLAN IP Manager (thanks for making an update so quickly) and rebooted again, then after switching on WiFi I launched the app changed the device to: WWAN1 which I think is the Wireless LAN chip (I hope).

Now I get the following message: Error writing to the RegistryKey followed by on the next screen: Error in writing device config! this happens for all the devices and on the default DHCP profile. I double checked that the registry keys were still set and they where and rebooting again doesn't seem to help.

I haven't been able to connect to our Wireless Network as DHCP is disabled. Any other ideas? :)

The device on the Tornado should be TIACXWLN1

The error means, that the programm cannot write to the RegKey HKLM\Comm\\Parms\Tcpip

Try this:

Take the registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\TIACXWLN1\Parms\Tcpip

1. Create a DWORD value named "EnableDHCP" with value "0" (all without ")

2. Create a Multi-String value named "IPAddress" with the IP you want to use

3. Create a Multi-String value named "SubnetMask" with your subnet mask

4. Create a Multi-String value named "DefaultGateway" with your gateway ip address

5. Create a Multi-String value named "DNS" with your DNS server ip address

6. Reboot the phone

If you want to enable dhcp, you only have to set EnableDHCP to 1. You don't have to delete the other values.

The program does nothing else, but maybe you O2 phone blockes uncertified applications from writting to this part of the registry. :D

Guest sebflipper

Thanks for those setting I can now connect to our network, but I am unable to browse the Internet and get Page cannot be Displayed in PIE. Also Skype says that it cannot find the WiFi connection when I get the connected icon in the tray along with the correct settings in the WiFi Status page.

I can ping my SmartPhone from my laptop and it replies and I can also browse to our routers settings page, but I can't seem to get online. This makes me think that the DNS or DefaultGateway isn't working, I have double checked the settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\TIACXWLN1\Parms\Tcpip and I have set them both to our router which is 192.168.2.1

Any ideas why I can see our network but not get online?

Guest eisbaer82
Thanks for those setting I can now connect to our network, but I am unable to browse the Internet and get Page cannot be Displayed in PIE. Also Skype says that it cannot find the WiFi connection when I get the connected icon in the tray along with the correct settings in the WiFi Status page.

I can ping my SmartPhone from my laptop and it replies and I can also browse to our routers settings page, but I can't seem to get online. This makes me think that the DNS or DefaultGateway isn't working, I have double checked the settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\TIACXWLN1\Parms\Tcpip and I have set them both to our router which is 192.168.2.1

Any ideas why I can see our network but not get online?

First: Are DNS and DefaultGateway multi-string? (Displayed as Value type: REG_MULTI_SZ, when you edit a value). If not -> delete and recreate as multi-string

Second: Try to force the phone to use the WLAN as internet connection:

Goto Settings->Connections

Select Menu (right softkey)->Advanced

Select your access point in Internet connection

Done->Done->Done

Sometimes my phone doesn't recognizes the WLAN at all. It's connected, but don't use it. Also, it isn't selectible in Internet connection. In this case 1-2 reboots helps. Very confusing.

Hopefully this info helps you..

Guest sebflipper

Both DNS and DefaultGateway are set to multi-string and I have set the Internet connection to use WLAN. Restarting doesn't seem to help either.

I guess I will just have to live without being able to connect to non DHCP WLANs, as I can connect fine to other network with DHCP. :)

Guest eisbaer82
Both DNS and DefaultGateway are set to multi-string and I have set the Internet connection to use WLAN. Restarting doesn't seem to help either.

I guess I will just have to live without being able to connect to non DHCP WLANs, as I can connect fine to other network with DHCP. :)

Maybe it's the access point... My phone works with my linksys wrt54g.. With the belkin that I had before, the name resolution not always worked and takes long times. My laptop had no problems with any of them.. <_<

Guest sebflipper
With the belkin that I had before, the name resolution not always worked and takes long times. My laptop had no problems with any of them.. <_<

Ah I have a Belkin 54g router, that could be the problem! It does tend to crash if it gets over loaded with downloads :)

--EDIT--

I did a hard reset and followed all the instructions again, and I have managed to get your app working fine now and it connect to my network :D

Thanks for your app/help!

Edited by sebflipper

• 1 month later...
Guest gsmhelper

I am sorry, but I have T-Mobile DASH and not sure what would be the name of my device should I pick?

It listed:

- Bluetooth device

- BTPAN1

- RNDISFN1

- TNETWLN1

- WWAN1

- WWAN1-wap.voicestream.com

Thanks,

Guest eisbaer82
I am sorry, but I have T-Mobile DASH and not sure what would be the name of my device should I pick?

It listed:

- Bluetooth device

- BTPAN1

- RNDISFN1

- TNETWLN1

- WWAN1

- WWAN1-wap.voicestream.com

Thanks,

TNETWLN1

Bluetooth and BTPAN1 are bluetooth things :-)

I think RNDISFN1 is for active sync

TNETWLN1 should be your WLAN device

WWAN1 has something to do with things like GRPS

• 1 month later...
Guest niegowic
Hi,

i've written a small application that can change the ip address of the wifi adapter and restarts the phone when the registry setting is written.

I think this is interessting for others too, so publish it here. It's based on the .net compact framework 1.0. (i've installed version 2.0 on storage card, but i believe 1.0 is preinstalled on the phone).

Also you're phone must be decertified.

Sorry for my english, my native is german.

Greetings,

Dennis

Screenshots:

post-134710-1169298982_thumb.gif

UPDATE: 2007-01-30

Version 1.2 Changes:

- Fixed crash while selecting a different device

Version 1.1 Changes:

- Support for different profiles

It's a great job. Thank you for your time and work.

PS.

The application works fine:)

• 2 months later...

Excuse me.

I have been time to try to resolve this same problem and finish being with this magnificent tool. But it does not work to me.

What IP I have to introduce? The one of the telephone or the one that has the PC in the corporative network?

What defaulltGateway? The corporative one (router) or is the IP of the PC?

The DNS and subred mask I believe that they are unique and I do not have problems.

I have proved all the combinations but not connect to me to Internet from the telephone when this one is connected to the PC of my work by USB. Nevertheless, by wifi with routers with DHCP activated, I connect without problems.

I proved to modify the registry according to indicate above, but they were all the keys (the program were them including), reason why is not that the problem.

The error that it gives me when I try to navigate is: "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f78".

Neither the programs of the weather, foreing currency change, etc. are updated

It would thank yours aid.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kaiser47

Thanks!

thank you ! 1 million times thank you !

i have the same problem @ work whith no dhcp . and on my htc vox (WM6) you can't manually set up the dns adresses . i'v e searched for such a program for weeks with no success until i find your post here.

i'll try it.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there. i installed the application.it is indeed very handy.

before installing your application i was connecting to my home network through DHCP.

i installed and switched the created a profile for TIACXWLN1 and succesfully connected to my network at home (using motherboard's access point) using static ip address. however i changed the profile of TIACXWLN1 back to DHCP and now i cannot connect to my home network running DHCP! even if i uninstall teh application i still cannot connect like i did initially (with DHCP). in order to work with DHCP i have to reset to factory default. Is there a way to help me out somebody??

(when i try to connect with DHCP profile on TIACXWLN1 it says connecting to network and i get a private ip address 169.254.xx.xxx which is not valid of course.)

i would appreciate any help

thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi at all,

I have tried your WlanIpManager on my Samsung I600 (wm5 smartphone) and it start correctly.

I set the manual ip (in my wifi lan i haven't dhcp) but when I click on Accept it give me "Error writing Registrykey"

My wlan card is named: "SWLD25SP1"

Can you make a modify at your good software to save correct setting in registry?

All Samsung User can be grateful :(

Many thanks

dapa