• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

HTC Cavalier (CAVA100): Unboxed and Postponed

7 posts in this topic

Posted

[teaser]

thumb_17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier.jpg

A while back we told you about the upcoming HTC Cavalier, the slender successor to the Excalibur with HSDA. Well, TheBoyGeniusReport have scored a hands on with the device and have taken a few shots of it being "unboxed". Obviously, it's not retail packaging but you get the idea...

Specs for this device are as follows:

• WM5 for Smartphone (no Crossbow?)
  • 400Mhz Samsung CPU
  • 128MB ROM
  • 64MB RAM
  • 2MP Camera
  • Tri-Band 3G/HSDPA
  • 802.11g WiFi
  • Bluetooth 2.0
  • QVGA landscape screen
  • microSD

Don't start saving for this device just yet though, The BGR article says that:

HTC sent out a memo to all distributors saying this device has been "postponed indefinitely".

Personally, I don't see it happening but then I said that about the MPx300, so who knows! :)

More pics after the jump....[/teaser]

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_1.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_2.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_3.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_4.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_5.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_6.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_7.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_8.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_9.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_10.jpg

17-Jan-2007_htc_cavalier_11.jpg

[Source]

Posted

Now that is one very sexy looking device.. and i am not seeing alot of those right now. it even looks like it feels nice, if you get what i mean!? :)

Posted

I have to say, I am rather tempted by it. Can't stand the "Blackberry" type of devices tho :)

Posted

Yeah! i know what you mean... i think i have to experience one at some point though... i am getting a bit annoyed of getting the little stick out in public and using that (so to speak) on my peice of aging technology...

Posted

Since geting my Dash my perfect device is a dash/ cavalier size PPC with similar spec to the cavalier.

Failing that, I'd settle for the cavalier (ie. SP)

Posted

My one main issue is the fact they are thin and wide. That is a snap-tastic combination :)

Posted

tbf i doubt its that much easier to snap than any other mobile. I like it, its just too wide and a tad think. Really feeling thin phones at the moment :)

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.