Lobster 700tv problem

Guest drphibes

Guest drphibes

Hi

Just found this wesbite and wondered if someone could help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my new Lobster 700 mobile. I read a review on the Lobster and was interested in using the built in DAB feature in my car and so I bought a fm transmitter and a tiny adapter so I could turn the 2.5mm jack into a 3.5mm plug. The problem I have is I can listen to a mp3 from the Lobster but I cannot listen to the DAB radio and this I think is down to a lack of reception. The Lobster picks up DAB stations really well with the headset that is included with the phone but fails miserably with the lead I am trying to use so I presume there is no aerial to help the reception.

Please can anyone shed any light on this for me please ?

Cheers

Drphibes

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site :)

You have to have the headset plugged in as it acts as the antenna for the radio and tv.

If you look closely at the connector on the headset you can see an additional connector around the base, this is the for the wire on the antenna that is part of the headset.

Guest drphibes

Hi

Yes I did think that the supplied headset for indeed a aerial in addition to being speakers. Big question is are there any alternative leads that would help me with my situation ?.

Thanks

Drphibes

Guest drphibes

Hi

Thanks for the advice , not really what I wanted to hear but nevermind !!

One other question that I was meaning to ask is can the Lobster run gps navigation software like Tomtom etc ? A friend of mine suggested it would if I bought a bluetooth gps reciever ?

Thanks

Drphibes

Guest awarner (MVP)

There is no reason why it would not run GPS software, as for TomTom if you but that it comes with a GPS unit. The only problem with TomTom is only the old version 5.2 is available (if you can find somewhere that still stocks it) as the newer version 6 is not being made available for the Windows Smartphone market.

Guest sonny crockett
There is no reason why it would not run GPS software, as for TomTom if you but that it comes with a GPS unit. The only problem with TomTom is only the old version 5.2 is available (if you can find somewhere that still stocks it) as the newer version 6 is not being made available for the Windows Smartphone market.

Just a note on the sat nav.

I have Tomtom 5.2 running fine on the 700TV.

Worth pointing out the voice is not the loudest but is okay to use.

On the headphones point I to tried a standard pair of headphones and the TV does not work.

I wonder if you got a spare pair could you cut the ear pieces off and wire a jack plug into these then plug this into the FM transmitter (or wire a socket for a tape adaptor).

Any comments on this?

Would love to use the DAB radio through the car stereo.

Guest drphibes

Hi

I have been messing around all day trying to get Tomtom 5.2 working on my Lobster. For some stange reason I cannot choose any voices even though they are all in a folder "Voices" on the mem card. Software picks up the GB map that is on the mem card but the voices are just greyed out. I am only testing this version from my friend, I did not want to buy the software and a bluetooth reciever if it did not work but from the sounds of it you are having no problems on your setup. What make of bluetooth reciever are you using and any ideas why I cannot select any voices even though they are on the mem card ?

Thanks

Drphibes

Guest bitoclass
You have to have the headset plugged in as it acts as the antenna for the radio and tv.

If you look closely at the connector on the headset you can see an additional connector around the base, this is the for the wire on the antenna that is part of the headset.

Oh dear :) I have just bought this phone as well and I was relying on being able to watch it with my wife by inserting a splitter (into a 2.5mm-3.5mm adapter) so we could each have a pair of headphones going into it. I had seen that it used the earphone cable as its antenna, but that is pretty standard for portable radios and I just assumed it meant literally the headphone wire, not an extra wire running parallel to the headphones :D

So is there no way at all that both my wife and I could listen to the sound on the radio or TV on this phone, without turning on the loudspeaker (not a socially acceptable option on public transport!)? That is a real disappointment if so :D

Guest sonny crockett
Hi

I have been messing around all day trying to get Tomtom 5.2 working on my Lobster. For some stange reason I cannot choose any voices even though they are all in a folder "Voices" on the mem card. Software picks up the GB map that is on the mem card but the voices are just greyed out. I am only testing this version from my friend, I did not want to buy the software and a bluetooth reciever if it did not work but from the sounds of it you are having no problems on your setup. What make of bluetooth reciever are you using and any ideas why I cannot select any voices even though they are on the mem card ?

Thanks

Drphibes

Hi drphibes

Dont know why you have no voices. My voices are located on the memory card then in a folder called voices. I think each voice should have two files - a .chk and a .vif file. Do you have those?

I got my BT GPS reciever from Ebay - think its a Fuzion reciever. Just be aware of the port settings when pairing. If you have issues post here and I will post my settings. Dont have the phone to hand or would do it now.

Guest drphibes
Hi drphibes

Dont know why you have no voices. My voices are located on the memory card then in a folder called voices. I think each voice should have two files - a .chk and a .vif file. Do you have those?

I got my BT GPS reciever from Ebay - think its a Fuzion reciever. Just be aware of the port settings when pairing. If you have issues post here and I will post my settings. Dont have the phone to hand or would do it now.

Hi

I have just had a quick look at my Voice folder on the mem card and I only have the .vif files and no .chk ? No idea why this is but could be the reason why I am not getting any voices

Drphibes

Hi

Yes I did think that the supplied headset for indeed a aerial in addition to being speakers. Big question is are there any alternative leads that would help me with my situation ?.

Thanks

Drphibes

On my Lobster i'm running a 2.5mm to 3.5mm plug into a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male lead conected to my PC at work and I can get reception - only 2 bars....but I only get 2 bars with the supplied headset. This is for DAB radio

Edited by bocsta

Guest drphibes
On my Lobster i'm running a 2.5mm to 3.5mm plug into a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male lead conected to my PC at work and I can get reception - only 2 bars....but I only get 2 bars with the supplied headset. This is for DAB radio

Update on my Lobster experiences.

I got the voices working with Tomtom and it directed me to my friends when I tried it out :) .

I grabbed a 32 channel bluetooth gps reciever of ebay and it wokred really well with the Lobster so I am very happy with this feature of the phone.

Bocsta that is interesting to hear that you have been successfull getting dab into your pc at work. I have tried to use a 2.5mm plug adapter and then connect the Lobster upto my fm transmitter with a 3.5/3.5mm lead.

I managed to get very very flaky reception at various times but the majority of the time the dab function would not work. It did however work very well if I used the supplied headset.

Drphibes

• 4 months later...
Guest miger1

Anyone help with my problem with the 700tv please?----------------i've installed and have running successfully Tomtom 5.2---problem is , although i've found my bluetooth GPS receiver ( Navman spin 100) using bluetooth on the 700tv--and named and set the passkey code---- when i go to configure under GPS status in Tomtom, it says i must first pair the phone to the Bluetooth receiver! --------i thought this was done!

Do i have to set a serial port for the Navman?

Do i set bluetooth to 'On' or Discoverable' ?

Don't know what else to do now :-(

Have i missed something out?

cheers

Miger