Too many options!

Guest MalcolmS

Guest MalcolmS

I need to do something about my Orange contract but I’m not sure of the right approach or order to make the changes.

First up I’ve been with Orange faithfully since Dec 1994 and I’m on a Talk Time 120 monthly package right now. My current contract runs to Nov 2007.

Typically now I’m using around 300 minutes, 300 texts and 5-6mb data a month. Not huge amounts but my monthly bill is now around £120.

I haven’t been too bothered about the cost to date as most of it is business related and I claim that back through expenses. However I’ve been finding it increasingly time consuming to go through the bill to identify personal and business calls. I thought I’d investigate Line 2 on Orange.

Next I’ve been ‘playing’ with an Orange SPV M3100 recently and really think this could replace my current separate mobile and PDA. Can’t find anywhere on the Orange site that says it’s line 2 compatible though.

I’ve looked at various options and tariffs but I’m getting more and more confused…

I don’t really want to change phone numbers and I don’t really want to carry two phones around.

Can anyone guide me to a workable solution please? :)

Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

I think line 2 has been completely withdrawn for domestic customers. Might still be available if you transfer the account to Small Business. As for compatibility, no PPCPE has ever supported line 2. You'd need a Smartphone to acomplish that.

Guest jimbouk

You are on a really old tarriff! You could get your current usage for about £35 a month with current tarrifs.

Personally I would go for a 3100 and a new tariff (but they may make you wait until closer to your renewal) and then just agree with work that they pay say £40 a month towards mobile costs (or you pay £15 to them for your private usage) if your finance people will allow that.

I think line 2 has been completely withdrawn for domestic customers. Might still be available if you transfer the account to Small Business.

Orange do still offer Line 2 connections to domestic customers, there are certain limitations on a Line 2 however. You can't send any form of message be it sms, mms or video and your Line 2 service plan must not be of higher value than Line 1. :)