• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Change colours in homescreen easily

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey folks, nice forum :)

OK, for those of you who want different colours on your device it's fairly straight forward to change them.

i used guava scheme for an example.

These files can be located in device/application data/home.

copy guava.scheme.xml file to the desktop.

Now open this file with notepad, you will get the following:-

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

Guava Bubbles

NOTE: Only change the values that are highlighted, or the file may not work.

now, the bottom two lines that say colour name:

can be edited to any colours you want, just change the values, to get the values just search for html or xml colour codes on google, there are loads of sites that list them.

Once youve done this, rename all the values in the the file that say guava bubbles to whatever you want your new colour scheme to be.

next, you can change the default picture for this as well by changing background bgimage to the image of your choice, any jpg will do as long as its 220x340 pixels in size, but the picture must be saved in the same directory as the scheme file.

Now save as the name you want (make sure its saved as 'newname'.scheme.xml and not as a notepad file) and copy this file and your picture file into device/application data/home.

You should now have a new home screen that can be seleted in the homescreen menu.

The attached silver boxes scheme is one i did myself using this method, feel free to use it.

by the way, if anyone knows how to change the botomm and top menu bars to solid black, can they please let me know, i can't seem to do it using this method.

Edited by Willyfxp