Bluetooth/GPS Issues

Guest Gagging Ferret

Guest Gagging Ferret

I know these problems have been covered in detail elsewhere, but I've got very confused, so forgive me for starting a whole new thread.

My set-up: SPV C500 running TomTom Navigator 6, Holox BT-321 GPS receiver.

Problem 1:

Bluetooth is enabled but I can't send or receive files. I've installed the latest ROM and Smart Explorer as suggested elsewhere, but no Bluetooth shows up as an option to send.

Problem 2:

TomTom starts OK and finds the maps and everything, but it keeps reporting "The GPS signal was lost ... seconds ago" or if I ask it to navigate somewhere it just hangs on "Waiting for a valid GPS signal", which of course, it won't find because it lost the signal :)

Are the two issues connected? We know the receiver's OK because it works just fine on hubby's K750i**, and it shows up on the list of devices on the phone.

Any help is much appreciated, but nothing to geeky please as I'm a novice with these phones!

** He found a download for sale on EBay called Nav4All, and it's working nicely, subject to the limitations of the K750i. Has anyone had any experience with it? I'd like to try it myself but it's not ready for my phone yet.

Thanks very much!!

:D

• 1 month later...
Guest FerretAD

The file transfer issue is solved by installing "Resco File Explorer", not smart explorer.

And for the Tomtom, you will never get it to work. Tomtom 6 was never released as a Smartphone version. You will need Tomtom 5 Mobile.

Hope that helps,

Ferret !