rx5900 series: PocketTV is looking for beta-testers

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team

PocketTV is looking for beta-testers to help ensure that PocketTV MPEG Movie Player will work well on the rx5900 series.

Because the rx5900 series is the first Pocket PC natively oriented in "Portrait" orientation, some video and games applications may have display problems on this device (technical details here).

We have adapted PocketTV to better support the rx5900 series, as previous version were reported to display the video with an incorrect orientation.

To help us, please install the latest version of PocketTV Classic using the CAB file located here:

http://www.pockettv.com/cab/PocketTV.POCKE..._COMPRESSED.CAB

- to install the CAB file, click on the link above to download it to your PC, then just copy it to your device and open it from the device.

- to copy the CAB file from the PC to the device, connect and sync your device to your PC, then click on the "Explore" tab in ActiveSync (on the PC) to open the window showing the content of your device. then drag the CAB file to this window (on your PC).

- to open the CAB file from your device, start the File Explorer and locate the CAB file in "My Document". tap on the CAB file to open it. it will automatically install PocketTV.

then start PocketTV and check the the video is now displayed correctly (i.e. that it is not rotated sideways). you can find some test MPEG files at http://pockettv.com/mpg/

please report your observation (positive or negative) in this thread. make sure to indicate the PocketTV version (from Menu > About) and the device screen orientation that is causing problems. thanks!

Edited by The PocketTV Team

Guest ____E____
PocketTV is looking for beta-testers to help ensure that PocketTV MPEG Movie Player will work well on the rx5900 series.

Because the rx5900 series is the first Pocket PC natively oriented in "Portrait" orientation, some video and games applications may have display problems on this device (technical details here).

We have adapted PocketTV to better support the rx5900 series, as previous version were reported to display the video with an incorrect orientation.

To help us, please install the latest version of PocketTV Classic using the CAB file located here:

http://www.pockettv.com/cab/PocketTV.POCKE...-BETA-1.3.9.CAB

- to install the CAB file, click on the link above to download it to your PC, then just copy it to your device and open it from the device.

- to copy the CAB file from the PC to the device, connect and sync your device to your PC, then click on the "Explore" tab in ActiveSync (on the PC) to open the window showing the content of your device. then drag the CAB file to this window (on your PC).

- to open the CAB file from your device, start the File Explorer and locate the CAB file in "My Document". tap on the CAB file to open it. it will automatically install PocketTV.

then start PocketTV and check the the video is now displayed correctly (i.e. that it is not rotated sideways). you can find some test MPEG files at http://pockettv.com/mpg/

please report your observation (positive or negative) in this thread. thanks!

i attempted thisbut none of the files on the download would run on the Q

Guest The PocketTV Team
i attempted thisbut none of the files on the download would run on the Q

the CAB file above was only meant to be tested on the HP iPaq rx5900 series (a Pocket PC with GPS).

it was not meant for Smartphones like the Q.

Guest ____E____
the CAB file above was only meant to be tested on the HP iPaq rx5900 series (a Pocket PC with GPS).

it was not meant for Smartphones like the Q.

i am sorry i have officially banned my self from reading posts while drinking lol sorry everyone who read this and thought what a moron

Guest The PocketTV Team
i am sorry i have officially banned my self from reading posts while drinking lol sorry everyone who read this and thought what a moron

no problem.

actually we found that the current CAB above will not work well when the display orientation is changed to other settings than the defaul landscape orientation. we are working on resolving those issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The PocketTV Team

we have released version 1.3.10 of PocketTV Classic (freeware) and PocketTV Enterprise Edition, and we think that it resolves the issues on the Rx5900 series.

you can download it from www.pockettv.com .

please let us know if you still have see problems.