• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HP enter Smartphone market with iPaq 510 Voice Messenger

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[teaser]HP, long time Windows Mobile partners with their Pocket PC devices, have finally taken the leap into the Smartphone market, with their new iPaq 510 Voice Messenger.

Pictured below (more pics after the jump), the iPaq 510 Voice Messenger features (of course) Windows Mobile 6 Standard, integrated b/g WiFi and HP's own VOIP client.

Specs are pretty standard for this type of device - the iVM packs the perennial 200MHz TI OMAP processor, 128MB ROM / 64MB RAM, microSD expansion, a 1.3 megapixel camera and Quadband GSM EDGE. The real bad news? The screen is running at 176x220, pushing the iVM into the 'old tech' category with the HTC S310.

Of course, the killer could be the price with such average specs, but then, iPaqs aren't know for being cheap are they... :)

P

[update: Reviewed already by Laptop Magazine here!]

12-Feb-2007_ipaq.GIF

[/teaser]

12-Feb-2007_ivmfrontback.jpg

12-Feb-2007_ivmsides.jpg

Posted · Report post

I was going to say "nice looking device" until I saw the real pics, should have stuck with the one colour on the front and not that grey border.

Shame about the screen rez too, HPs 1st try at a SmartPhone ....... should have tried harder .......

Posted · Report post

seems like a good idea for HP to enter the market, but unless they are going to be aiming at the budget market (and when have HP every done that) only seems like the screen rez is the let down!

come on hp buck up your ideas!

Posted · Report post

you know what...

the more i look at this phone, the more it reminds me of the Sony Ericsson K750i in styling... just with a mini usb connector at the bottom instead of the proprietory Sony connector.

only difference in appearance is the WM5 vs the Sony crap...

:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.