HP enter Smartphone market with iPaq 510 Voice Messenger

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]HP, long time Windows Mobile partners with their Pocket PC devices, have finally taken the leap into the Smartphone market, with their new iPaq 510 Voice Messenger.

Pictured below (more pics after the jump), the iPaq 510 Voice Messenger features (of course) Windows Mobile 6 Standard, integrated b/g WiFi and HP's own VOIP client.

Specs are pretty standard for this type of device - the iVM packs the perennial 200MHz TI OMAP processor, 128MB ROM / 64MB RAM, microSD expansion, a 1.3 megapixel camera and Quadband GSM EDGE. The real bad news? The screen is running at 176x220, pushing the iVM into the 'old tech' category with the HTC S310.

Of course, the killer could be the price with such average specs, but then, iPaqs aren't know for being cheap are they... :)

P

[update: Reviewed already by Laptop Magazine here!]

12-Feb-2007_ipaq.GIF

[/teaser]

12-Feb-2007_ivmfrontback.jpg

12-Feb-2007_ivmsides.jpg

I was going to say "nice looking device" until I saw the real pics, should have stuck with the one colour on the front and not that grey border.

Shame about the screen rez too, HPs 1st try at a SmartPhone ....... should have tried harder .......

Guest madbandit

seems like a good idea for HP to enter the market, but unless they are going to be aiming at the budget market (and when have HP every done that) only seems like the screen rez is the let down!

come on hp buck up your ideas!

Guest madbandit

you know what...

the more i look at this phone, the more it reminds me of the Sony Ericsson K750i in styling... just with a mini usb connector at the bottom instead of the proprietory Sony connector.

only difference in appearance is the WM5 vs the Sony crap...

:)

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.