MoDaCo.TV: HTC S710 'Vox' + Toshiba G500 (+ more)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest capt_janeway

Great stuff Paul.

Not been too ecited about upgrading until now - I've fell in love with the Vox.

Think I will cancel my planned upgrade to the Graphite and move back to Orange for the Vox

Guest GuyAdams
But but but.... http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...679&id2=728

Do you know who's going to take the s730 onboard? I can't see Orange taking it on so shortly after the s710.. they seem to like a big gap between their models..

Can anyone actually believe the S730 is going to pack all that technology into something pretty much the same size as a SP5? I mean there's 3G, GPS and a front camera included over the already packed S710, I just can't believe it. If its true I'll be hanging out for the S730...

Guy

Guest dishe
You'll be interested in the Toshiba specific preview video later this week then on MoDaCoTV ;)

P

I am interested.

And I don't mind at all that it only has WM5. I have WM5 now, and while WM6 looks nice, I don't necessarily needs html email and native word (I like documents to go and already paid for it...) so I'm really happy with what I've got. I just want a better design because let's the honest, the Tornado and its variants are pretty uninspired looking!

Guest madbandit

can we get a video of someone strangling Orange and their Customer Service shambles?

its even the sort of video worth paying to see!

;)

Guest madbandit

I foound a helpful Orange CS operative...

He works out of the Plymouth branch. - he even used to use this site when he used an SPV.

after finally getting my fault c600 booked for replacement, he asked me if i wanted to upgrade.

yes i said, SPV E650 please...

let me check availability. - we will be shipping them in April, but no confirmed date - give us a ring in the first week and we should know more.

thats about the best we're gonna get for release of the Vox i think!

Guest Pop2k

Thanks for the Vox video!

Btw. am I right assuming that it's directional pad does (once again) not support diagonals (aka 8-way)?

Edited by Pop2k

Guest Paul (MVP)

You can feel both microswitches being pressed as you hit a diagonal and yes, a quick test in 'Bubble Breaker' shows diagonals DO work!

P

Guest GuyAdams
You can feel both microswitches being pressed as you hit a diagonal and yes, a quick test in 'Bubble Breaker' shows diagonals DO work!

P

You mean, its actually works in diagonal?

Guest Griff_FFOC

Excellent videos Paul. ;)

Can't wait for the Vox to release.

Does the Vox and WM6 allow you to leave your pop3 mail on the server after downloading it?

I'd like to be able to download it at home and on my phone. My home PC is set to "leave it on the server" but my current C600 removes it after downloading.?

Guest Griff_FFOC
Griff: Your C600 should only delete downloaded emails if you delete them on the phone first, then sync...

Thanks Mono and Paul.

I'll check it out. I guess I was thinking it was like the PC Outlook where it leaves it even if you have deleted it.

(as long as R66 still works with e-mals unlike SMS, then i'd have to delete my e-mails :D )

You guys on here are a world of info ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.