Free SMS in the UK?

Guest neon

Have any of you guys ever heard of FreebieSMS.co.uk? It seems to send free SMS messages in the UK, but does anyone have any experience with them?"

Edited by awarner (MVP)

Guest cjgarside
Have any of you guys ever heard of FreebieSMS.co.uk? It seems to send free SMS messages in the UK, but does anyone have any experience with them?"

Out of interest I had a look at this site. However the small print at the bottom states:

"Copyright 2007, Standard text messages to Orange, O2 (UK) and T-Mobile are free to send, other networks cost 60p to send. For Messages sent to O2,Orange and T-Mobile networks, the recipient will have the option to pay £5 to read the message. Users must be 16+, this is not a subscription service."

It's only free to send to Orange, O2 or T-mobile but the recipient has to pay £5 to read it. Or £0.60 to send to the other networks and its not clear if the recipient has to pay to read them. £5 to read a text?!?!?

This is absolutely absurd. Therefore based on that I think it's would to be a NO to using this!!!

Plus there's the question as to how legitimate the service is. Will the numbers entered/added to the phone book get spammed/hived/have premium services added etc etc.

Just my thoughts.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Looks like a definite dodgy scam site with those charges, definitely best to avoid it at all cost.

Based in N.Ireland this company trys to sell this service globally and has spammed many mobile forums.