Orange M700 & Smart2go?

Guest soiauk

Guest soiauk

Hi All,

I am new to the site so hopefully I am posting this in the right place!

I have just taken delivery of a Black M700 (after weeks of waiting!). Overall very impressed so far, especially with the fact that the box included all the things I needed to get started (a few of which don't appear to have been mentioned in reviews, which is a shame), for instance the car holder and mount, car charger and Outlook on CD (which I had been led to believe had been removed from most Windows Mobile device retails boxes).

Anyway on to the main reason for me posting, I have installed the Windows Mobile 5 version of Nokia Smart2go on my M700 to see what it is like and also to test the GPS however for some reason the software can't seem to pickup the GPS? I have tried to find a setting to search for it within the software but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how to get this working would be much appreciated.

Phil

Guest Paul (MVP)

You got a card holder and mount? Interesting, they weren't in my box!

Outlook still currently ships with all devices (albeit an old version).

I hated Smart2go with a passion so don't have it installed, but can you manuall set a GPS COM port? If so, set it to COM9.

P

Guest soiauk

Thanks very much for the quick reply, I will give this a try but I don't think it will let me manually enter the COM port. I think I will probably just uninstall it and go straight for an install of TomTom.

On the subject of the car holder, my M700 came with the holder & suction mount and then there was a Case, AC Adapter, Car Charger, USB Cable and Head phones also in the box.

Not a bad package all in all, although I have yet to test the phone holder so not sure how sturdy it will be (but hey at least it was free)!

Thanks again.

Phil