Got my Vox! (in the UK)

Guest TDK

Just been and picked up my new (very shiny!) HTC S710.

I've only just unpacked it, so haven't had a chance to play with it much yet. However, the first thing I noticed is that the screen surround is chromed, which I can't say I like too much - I would have preferred if it had a brushed finish like in most of the photos I had seen. I would also have preferred a black number pad rather than silver, but that's not too bad.

I've also noticed that the quick start guide makes reference to a supplied pouch, but there isn't one in the box. I've spoken to the supplier and they say none of the phones come with pouches and indeed, on the outside of the box where it lists the contents, there is no mention of a case. ;) Did anyone get a pouch with their phone?

Right, I'm off to have a play with the Vox so I can retire my MTeoR! :D

Simon.

Guest Amplificator

Just checked my manual and it says something about the pouch but but there's nothing in the box, so your is probably right ;)

I really couldn't care less about a fancy bag - would have to kill myself before I'd ever use one of those :D

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

I'm actually tempted to get one this time. I've always hated having phone cases but i'd for that gorgeous screen to get scratched the hell and back like my older Smartphones!

Guest harrysaab

in the pic its got black number keypad, but you said u got 'silver keypad' ?

i like the black keypad, looks more cool

haven't seen silver keypad for this fone yet,

can you post some pics please if possible.

how long it takes to arrive if you order today?

cheers..

Just been and picked up my new (very shiny!) HTC S710.

I've only just unpacked it, so haven't had a chance to play with it much yet. However, the first thing I noticed is that the screen surround is chromed, which I can't say I like too much - I would have preferred if it had a brushed finish like in most of the photos I had seen. I would also have preferred a black number pad rather than silver, but that's not too bad.

I've also noticed that the quick start guide makes reference to a supplied pouch, but there isn't one in the box. I've spoken to the supplier and they say none of the phones come with pouches and indeed, on the outside of the box where it lists the contents, there is no mention of a case. ;) Did anyone get a pouch with their phone?

Right, I'm off to have a play with the Vox so I can retire my MTeoR! :D

Simon.

Guest KillBait!

It appears the white keypad is on the SIM Free/HTC supplied handsets and

the black ones come from the Mobile Operators

Take a look at this pic from expansys for the silver/white keypad

Expansys Image

Still no sign of my Vox arriving yet.... it's no biggy and i can wait.. at least my miniSD arrived today ;)

Edited by KillBait!

Guest Griff_FFOC
Still no sign of my Vox arriving yet.... it's no biggy and i can wait.. at least my miniSD arrived today :D

I hope it's not for your Vox, or you won't be happy when you come to fit it into the handset ;)

Guest harrysaab

hmmm

white/silver keypad will get dirty quickly, i perfer the black one

Expansys Image

Still no sign of my Vox arriving yet.... it's no biggy and i can wait.. at least my miniSD arrived today ;)

Guest KillBait!
I hope it's not for your Vox, or you won't be happy when you come to fit it into the handset ;)

I should never post on forums while half awake... it's a microSD : :D

Guest harrysaab

handtec are selling black keypad edition, its sim free. not in stock yet, 'due in soon'

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=601

Expansys Image

Yup, my phone (and most other people's) has a silver keypad.

Another member took some really good detailed photos... http://www.flickr.com/photos/joemobile/

Simon.

handtec are selling black keypad edition, its sim free. not in stock yet, 'due in soon'

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=601

That's probably only because they're still showing an old pre-release picture of the handset.

I received my S710 Vox from Smart Devices this morning and am pretty impressed. It is my first ever Windows Mobile Smartphone, having previously only used a Dell Axim X3i Pocket PC (WM2003 1st Edition)

The keyboard is going to take some getting used to but it should be a great time saver.

Unfortunately I now have the impossible task of getting my text messages off my W950i and onto the Vox. I think my only option is to use a program called SMS Diary that generates an HTML index page and another HTML page with all the texts. Why oh why can mobile os developers not create some sort of standard for storing/reading sms messages?

I already messed up my phonebook by trying to do a sync from my W950i to Outlook which accidentally wiped a lot of my numbers! - I really need to learn how this syncing stuff works, I hadn't used it before and I have only recently started using Outlook to manage my contacts and todo lists.

Edited by Odie

Guest Samsonite

got mine waiting for me at an Orange store for me to pick up tomorrow PM...

would this be the first E650 (as opposed to an S710) in the UK i wonder...

edit: nope! having read a loads of posts on CoolSmartphone! am now debating picking it up seeing that it doesnt have Messenger!!

must admit, i'm a little anxious to see how O have ROM'd it tho. I can see the first question being how to flash the HTC ROM!! ;)

Edited by Samsonite

Guest Griff_FFOC

Orange say they don't have any details or any available for upgrade yet, only new customers, so I might head of to an Orange shop and upgrade from there over the weekend. It seems I could get one for free on a £30 tariff, sounds good to me.

I don't think a lack of MSN messenger is a show stopper for me. I'll just use something else or buy the live version. With Oranges (terrible) data plans at the moment I doubt i'd use it anyway. (Unless it's at home on Wireless of course ;) )

Guest KillBait!

Did anybody who ordered a Vox from smartdevicesdirect get a email from them when it was dispatched?

I had my "processing order" email and thats it so far <_<

Might well have to ring them up if i can persuade my boss to let me use the phone at work..

I got my S710 today. Paid £259 inc VAT from powerupmobile, although I notice that they've since put their prices up. Interestingly, it arrived from eXpansys.... powerupmobile seem to be an agent for them, but sell at cheaper prices ;-)

I've hooked up to my .11g wireless at home without any problems, but I need to find a decent browser. I'm having lots of difficulty getting activesync 4.5 to work - seems to be firewall issues, although MS's guides aren't helping. Has anyone else had this problem? It's ZoneAlarm Integrity Flex that is used at work.