Charge Cable

Guest batfastard

Guest batfastard

I've went out and scored an SPV E100 off Ebay as a bit of an experiment - if I like the smartphone thing I'll invest some $$$$ into an O2 or some such.

Anyhow, my experiment has hit a bit of a speedbump.

The charger that came with the phone is a british one (I'm in Oz) and the plug-in end has crapped out anyway.

I've bought a data cable off Ebay that works fine for data transfer, but doesn't carry any charge to the phone.

I then scored a charger cable (also off Ebay) to suit o2 XDA2, iMate, MDA, HTC, Qtec PDA.

Piece of crap STILL doesn't charge!

Any tips on how to charge this sucker up so I can play with it?

Mick

Guest slimgym

I don't know that phone in particular but I know a lot of the earlier SmartPhones required activesync loading on the PC to get the charging to work, or an additional connection on the mini-USB socket to force the charge. A search through these forums should yield several articles on this, including a mod to a cable so it will charge without activesync loaded (or using an external power adaptor).

I know for example my SPV C500 will only charge from a PC with activesync loaded or its proper mains charger. My SP5m will happily charge from any USB connection.

Guest batfastard

Thanks for that idea - however it doesn't seem to work.

Dunno if its because the phone's out pf power, and it needs to be turned of for activesynch to recognise it...

Well I guess its time to troll thru the postings again :-)

• 10 months later...
Guest Lordsmiff

It might well be too late for replying to this thread as the phone might well be pushing up daisies but I saw a mod you could do to the USB cradle that would make the phone charge while cradled without the power supply - it just involved one wire and looked easy but I never got round to trying it.

If anyone knows where it is now, let me know :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner (MVP)

I remember that mod and did it myself with my first SPV.

There was a few threads about it back in the early days, may be fun trying to search for it though.