Does the WM6 upgrade sim lock the phone again?

Guest Pagemakers

Guest jt76542
Yes. Upgrading brings it to T-Mobile default settings.

I upgraded and now I cannot unlock the sim. Keeps giving me error messages. Stating to disable the anti-virus and restart my CP/Unit. Tried with no sucess. I'm a little pissed because as you all know purchasing the unlock software and code costs $40 :rolleyes:

Guest johnlo

upgrading to wm6 will not lock your phone. I have the DASH (unlock) and using it on Cingular. I upgraded to WM6 two days ago and everything is fine. i can use the phone and make and receive calls, text, surf the net, and even take pictures.

Guest UnicornKaz
hmmm contradicting reports ...

SIM Unlock = Use any carrier's SIM in the device

CID Unlock = Load any carrier ROM on the device.

Application Unlock = Most smart phones only allow you to load applications that have an acceptable digital signature. If you try to edit the registry or load an application it will give you an error. Application Unlocking removes this barrier and allows you to install any application or edit the registry to your liking.

when you had paid for the unlocked services ( SIM & CID ) ...and then did the Application unlock in order to install 3rd party softwares ..etc

after any ROM upgrade ... your device will remains UNLOCKED ... so not to worry !!

The only thing you have to RE-DO is the "APPLICATION UNLOCK" ... that's it !!!