GBA emulator for wince - GBACE 0.1

Guest masterall

n64 emu is called project 1964, but never released in public as far as I know

so where is somewhere that talks about it?

btw are there any NintendoDS emulators out there yet?

so where is somewhere that talks about it?

btw are there any NintendoDS emulators out there yet?

There are quite a few NDS Emulator... for regular PCs...

I really doubt NDS will be possible on Windows Mobile when i take a look at what specs are needed to run NDS-Emulation on a Desktop PC halfway decent...

well they are telling a alpha version will be released on that forum, but it will be for ppc with 3d gfx card ( axim x51v etc ). the programmer only tested on 1 game ( zombie revenge ). Well I hope that there will be version for non 3d card ppc's. although I doubt it will ever be possible to play a game on at least 20 fps lol

well they are telling a alpha version will be released on that forum, but it will be for ppc with 3d gfx card ( axim x51v etc ). the programmer only tested on 1 game ( zombie revenge ). Well I hope that there will be version for non 3d card ppc's. although I doubt it will ever be possible to play a game on at least 20 fps lol

wow! and this is new and just released! i would sure love to play sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 on the kaiser, but i wonder if the kaiser would be able to handle it, or if it's even supported.

Guest Menneisyys
wow! and this is new and just released! i would sure love to play sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 on the kaiser, but i wonder if the kaiser would be able to handle it, or if it's even supported.

Theoretically, it should be able to run as the 3D support is even better than that of the 2700G in x50v/x51v. However, as we've seen with the GoForce 5500 / O2 XDA Flame, there WILL be a lot of incompatibility issues with existing 3D-enabled apps.

@ menn: thsnks for the java updates on your blog I am now able to play a lot of java 3d enabled games, biggest problem is controls lol, btw EA games seems to work the best

Theoretically, it should be able to run as the 3D support is even better than that of the 2700G in x50v/x51v. However, as we've seen with the GoForce 5500 / O2 XDA Flame, there WILL be a lot of incompatibility issues with existing 3D-enabled apps.

i guess wel just have to see, is it avaible for download on that site yet?

from the author of the topic:

I hate to burst your bubble, but this thread is only a remake of my april-fools day joke of this year. I couldnt resist to repost this after i received more and more requests for working N64-, NDS- and even Wii-Emulators on Pocket PCs.

But its only a joke partially. I was really talking with a coder who tried to port Chankast for windows to windows mobile. He said the framerate was only available in numbers after the comma (far below 1), and so he saw no reason to continue this project.

If there ever will be any real news from him about this i will let you know.

from the author of the topic:

I hate to burst your bubble, but this thread is only a remake of my april-fools day joke of this year. I couldnt resist to repost this after i received more and more requests for working N64-, NDS- and even Wii-Emulators on Pocket PCs.

But its only a joke partially. I was really talking with a coder who tried to port Chankast for windows to windows mobile. He said the framerate was only available in numbers after the comma (far below 1), and so he saw no reason to continue this project.

If there ever will be any real news from him about this i will let you know.

now Chankast isnt the same emulator that was ported on that german website was it?

well i think anything can happen, i mean, theres a PS1 emulator for ppc and if you have a fast enough device you can run it at a good speed, i would assume dreamcast wouldnt be too different? it just takes a good porter and lots of time. also it depends which pc emulator your porting from, some are faster than others. since this one is "PocketCast" it may be different than Chankast

EDIT: damn!!! just read below it was an april fools joke. wow. ahhh.

Edited by mikeeey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zaibaker

Hi everyone!!

Very nice those emulators who works on my HTC Tornado!

(New Edit: WRONG:

Only the SNES one is damn slow, have to try again after i overclock the processor to 254mhz (my limit).

Solution: Change the frameskip to 0-4.

In my case, with my HTC Tornado @ 252mhz, Secret of Mana work well, not bad at all.

My setting about this game in SmartNES:

I put on the sound and let Synchronisation, i let 8bits for the quality, and i use the Third (3) quality level of the sound.

But on other games it's not so nice this setting, have to try other settings for the others roms.)

But for this GBA emulator, it's only lack the landscape display ;) .

So, i'm refreshing the topic in order to know if you are gonna make this very important update.

Thank you for all the great job, and i hope the landscape display will born ^^.

Edited by zaibaker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Icephr34k

Okay I have the pocketnester and pocketsnes on my Q and they both work fine. But when I downloaded this one, I can't get anything to work. When I try to play a rom, it only pulls up my picture file... which is weird because I don't even have a picture file on my storage card. Any help would be great. Thanks.

(I can get a picture of the screen if that would help.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coisbot

This emulator has potential. I remember when Forgotten released VisualboyAdvance version 0.1 way back when, I thought to myself...this is going to be the emulator to end all emulators. And it was. Here's my status on the games I have tried:

Metroid Fusion - doesn't work

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - doesn't work

Fire Emblem - Works well if battle animation is turned off. Otherwise, WILL crash (and freeze entire Pocket PC) as soon as you enter first battle. Have the same exact problem with PocketGBA, which is strange, because this thing seems stable and doesn't seem to crash when games don't work. Hope this is fixed.

Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
hi i have aproblem with the gba i cant get it to load roms on my spv c550 i go to load roms and it does nothing could you help please

Hey guys. I have a motorola Q. I was wondering if there was a landscape fix out yet? I really want to play pokemon and I have no idea why. Is there any fix yet?

hi i have aproblem with the gba i cant get it to load roms on my spv c550 i go to load roms and it does nothing could you help please

怎么不在国内论坛上发布呢?

估计国内的玩家愿意帮您测试的更多

Funny thing for me:

GBAce used to work fine, now it suddenly stopped working and when i try to load a game the screen stays black...

Wonders of modern technology? :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Funny thing for me:

GBAce used to work fine, now it suddenly stopped working and when i try to load a game the screen stays black...

Wonders of modern technology? :-)

Okay for people with the same problems: The Error only happens to me when i had a rom that wont work. After this i have to delete the config files for GBAce and it works again..

• 3 weeks later...