Excalibur eT9 Language Pack

Guest kalantz

Guest kalantz

Based on Paul's Vox eT9 Language Pack, I prepared an eT9 Language Pack, suited for HTC Excalibur (HTC S620, T-Mobile Dash, SPV E600) with any WM6 ROM that bears eT9 (xT9).

It is based on my HTC S620 with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM, however it should be working with any future WM6 ROM.

It contains the following languages:

• English

• French

• German

• Italian

• Spanish

• Dutch

• Czech

• Greek

• Romanian

• Polish

• Portugese

• Sloval

• Turkish

• Hungarian

For those who want to use Greek Language with 160 characters on SMSs, they should also install the SMS160 utility by Ace Hellas.

However, there are some issues with"Tab" and "Sym" keys that need to be solved and your help will be appreciated.

I don't know if several keyboard mappings exist around for this device; mine is the one with £,$,€ symbols on J,K,L letters respectively. If you have a different keyboard, let me know.

Thanks,

Costas (kalantz)

Greece.

Excalibur_eT9_Lang_Pack_v1.cab

Edited by kalantz

Guest kalantz
hi and thanks for your job , unfortunaly on my italian s620 i have on j,k,l @,°,=

Can you post or send me a picture of the Italian keyboard?

Guest kalantz
Sorry if I sound stupid but will this give the HTC S620 the same xt9 features as the T-Mobile Dash?

You have to flash your S620 with T-mobile Dash's WM6 ROM in order this to work. However, since your native language is English, your daily communication is in English and WM6 ROM has only English pre-installed, I don't know if you really need to load the other languages...

Guest Pagemakers

Oh I see.

Obviously you're a clever man! Any chance of adding t-mobile's xt9 and key hold feature to get numbers to the S620 rom?

Guest kalantz
Oh I see.

Obviously you're a clever man! Any chance of adding t-mobile's xt9 and key hold feature to get numbers to the S620 rom?

You mean the existing WM5 ROM? I'm afraid it's not easy :rolleyes:

Guest Pagemakers

Forgot about that!

What about when the S620 gets its WM6 face-lift? Could you extract the xt9 and number stuff then (if it's not in the new ROM that is).

Guest kalantz
Forgot about that!

What about when the S620 gets its WM6 face-lift? Could you extract the xt9 and number stuff then (if it's not in the new ROM that is).

Sure...

Guest rope

here is a picture of the german keyboard...

Now we only need the WM6 Upgrade to come out by HTC

post-184284-1181249746_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr_Kaos

Hi

I want to use my Dash in spanish. With this language pack the keyboard predictive writting changes to any of the languages listed?

I installed the Language Pack but I still don't know how to use it.

I there a Multilanguage ROM for the Dash?

Thanks

Esteban Hebel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yavin4
how do i use thois program it is installe don myphone but do not know hopw to change languages

In any program where you can input text you can press FN + Space together to open the options for eT9. Here you can choose your language for eT9 or choose ABC to not use eT9.

An other problem is, that in the dialpad the key-mapping from the kmap.txt file is not working. So no qwertz in the dialpad. But everything else is fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest electronlibre

Thanks again for the work. Any chance we could get the language pack for the US T-Mobile Dash?

Here is a pic of the keyboard:

post-277346-1184307968_thumb.jpg

Guest electronlibre
Thanks again for the work. Any chance we could get the language pack for the US T-Mobile Dash?

Here is a pic of the keyboard:

post-277346-1184307968_thumb.jpg

@ for J

$ for K

= for L

& for N

! for M

Guest Fernando Garza W
@ for J

$ for K

= for L

& for N

! for M

yeah i have the same configuration...the spanish and the german xt9 works fine for all except for the jkl letters, thanks a lot for this, it was exactly what i was looking for.

• 1 month later...
Guest AgJackBauer

HI!!

I am trying to install your software creation on my HTC S620 with WM6 downloaded from HTC Site and it doesn't install. Do you hace any suggestions on the matter?

Please, your help would be very apreciated.

Regards,

W.

Based on Paul's Vox eT9 Language Pack, I prepared an eT9 Language Pack, suited for HTC Excalibur (HTC S620, T-Mobile Dash, SPV E600) with any WM6 ROM that bears eT9 (xT9).

It is based on my HTC S620 with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM, however it should be working with any future WM6 ROM.

• English

• French

• German

• Italian

• Spanish

• Dutch

• Czech

• Greek

• Romanian

• Polish

• Portugese

• Sloval

• Turkish

• Hungarian

For those who want to use Greek Language with 160 characters on SMSs, they should also install the SMS160 utility by Ace Hellas.

However, there are some issues with"Tab" and "Sym" keys that need to be solved and your help will be appreciated.

I don't know if several keyboard mappings exist around for this device; mine is the one with £,$,€ symbols on J,K,L letters respectively. If you have a different keyboard, let me know.

Thanks,

Costas (kalantz)

Greece.

• 2 months later...
Guest tibor22

kalantz,

Would it be possible to 'port' eT9 to PDA devices?

I have a HTC P3300 (Artemis) with a WM6 ROM, downloaded from the xda-developer site. It has XT9 with Touch keyboard / keypad (20 or 12 keys), but supports only English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguise. I would need the Hungarian predictive input possibility that is part of your pack.

I'm not a developer so I don't know whether the Excalibur's system may be harmonised with the Touch keyboard. What do you think?

Cheers,

ctibor

• 2 months later...
Guest john1983

Based on this language pack I created one for the french keyboard

This means it is AZERTY and it has the following symbols on JKL:

J - @

K - €

L - =

The language pack has support for the following languages:

- Dutch

- English

- French

- Spanish

- Italian

- German

UPDATE: First version had a problem with the sym key. v1.2 solves this. Remove the first version before installing v1.2

Best Regards,

GOoS

s620_Lang_Pack_v1_2.cab

Edited by john1983

• 1 month later...
Guest Dreamcatch

J - @

K - €

L - =

- Dutch

- English

- French

- Spanish

- Italian

- German

Best Regards,

GOoS

Could you maybe make a cab with these language files but with the german keyboard (QWERTZ)?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest john1983
Could you maybe make a cab with these language files but with the german keyboard (QWERTZ)?

Could you post your kmap file from your device?

I will make German version with that

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jenja7
Could you post your kmap file from your device?

I will make German version with that

When I am at home I will post my kmap file. I have a German S620 / and the right keymapping but without the right dictionary.

Can I install the dictionary and overwrite the kmap file?

@ john1983: can post something so I know you still waiting for the kmap file. Thx ;-)

Edited by jenja7

• 1 month later...
Guest juan andres

hI aLL

I WANT to know is that language pack work with HTCS630 ?

I need to write in spanish in my phone.

Regards

Juan A.

• English

• French

• German

• Italian

• Spanish

• Dutch

• Czech

• Greek

• Romanian

• Polish

• Portugese

• Sloval

• Turkish

• Hungarian

Thanks,

Costas (kalantz)

Greece.

Guest seucuca

J - @

K - €

L - =

- Dutch

- English

- French

- Spanish

- Italian

- German

UPDATE: First version had a problem with the sym key. v1.2 solves this. Remove the first version before installing v1.2

Best Regards,

GOoS

After installing this pack, do I must to do anything else ?? It's not working.

How do I change the languages ?? English is still the default.

post-397467-1213227196_thumb.jpg

Edited by seucuca