SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest leo20
Hmmmm.... something odd is going on. I've just checked the IMEI number on the box and also on the sticker on the back of the phone and when I check it on the phone itself I seem to have gained two extra digits (01) on the end. Is that even possible?

hi,

i was wondering if they had so thing similar like that for t-mobile sda. i like the look of that and wondering if i could get wm office off of it.

Guest markhempstead

Paul - Absolutely Brilliant - thanks dude

I now not only have a phone that works acceptably (unlike the way you receive it from Orange!), my TomTom is now working again (only just noticed last time i needed to use it that the device code had changed, v0.5 of your software fixes it perfectly).

Excellent tool, thank you!! Great to be rid of the icons by Orange!

I have lost the "Green" windows theme now tho, which I quite liked. Anyhow I can get it back?

Guest davidov

I've just got the e650 and ran the debrand and update. Works a treat and the device seems to respond much quicker! Thanks Paul - super work!

(One question though - the Orange brand logo stills appears when powering up. Should it?)

Guest Looby
Excellent tool, thank you!! Great to be rid of the icons by Orange!

I have lost the "Green" windows theme now tho, which I quite liked. Anyhow I can get it back?

temi.zip

Guest wbloore
Weird indeed. I decided to investigate a little. I hard reset the phone, applied the unlock, and applied the Inbox Extender and it 'did what it said on the tin' :) I then applied the de-brand and I'm afraid the Inbox Extender ceased to function <_<

T.

I have this problem too. Had been using the previous versions of the fix and Inbox Extender worked fine. Upgraded to v0.5 and Inbox Extender stopped working. Can't get it working no matter what I try. Any ideas anybody?

Guest minimark069

Thanks Paul youre my hero this has also resolved an issue which i cannot see on any other posts: when i hung up on any call it was showing my last call as voicemail and the call history always showed voicemail as the last call. But it works perfectly now!!!

I only got my phone on thursday so i am thankfull to all of you for the work you have done to give me a phone that works from day 2.

Guest Chipsot

Thanx Paul for correcting Oranges hash of the E650, its a good phone....pitty it rattles rather than vibrates!

Are there any option within the file manager to view hidden&system files like there was on my old c500?

Regards, Chip

Guest stylusuk

I have installed pre cab file ok but when I try installing fix cab phone freezes at 27kb whilst installing? clears after a while but no restart message :unsure

Guest James McConnon

Thanks so much mate, De-branding seemed scary and i didnt want to **** up my phone but i took the plunge after trying about 10 different unsuccessful methods to application unlock the thing but finally did it and its 100000000000000 times better without that wank grey theme on the background that orange clearly contracted top quality graphic designers for :) lol. REP!

Guest RezoApio

Hi there,

thanks for the great work on that not so good smartphone (I had a Treo before and I miss it a lot).

I am using your New Word and Excel cab which is very good. I wonder if I can use this de-branding with a French Orange E650 ?

My issue is the following the System Info shows that Program Memory 49.40, Used 36.25 Mb !!! Just for WM6.

I have absolutely no apps running !!!

Is it the same for all of you ? Is it some failed installed programs that corrupted my memory ? If yes how can I reset the machine ?

I want to know if I will be able to install some games that requires 20+ Mb of free RAM.

Thanks for your answer.

Rezo

Guest Paul (MVP)

I haven't tested it on a French device, but if it doesn't work out you can always hard reset to get it back to factory defaults :)

P

Guest nedski

Just got my new E650 today and installed this, looks great! Far far better than that awful orange theme, now I'm a happy bunny!

Thanks a lot for this Paul!

N.

Guest Joey B

Nice one Paul! Just installed this and it works a treat! :)

For info, I didn't hard reset ( :P ), phone only 1 day old but I'd installed Skype - no problems

Cheers

Guest 0hill0

Worked well very easy.

thanks very much.

Richard.

p.s. has anyone had a problem with their e650, having been locked and put in pocket, turn itself off?

on restarting, after putting in pin for SIM, it is still locked!

Edit: This Fix seems to have stopped this happening (29th July)

Edited by 0hill0

Guest Digi-UK

Thanks very much for this Paul,

I received my E650 today and installing this was first on the list of tasks to do.

Works perfectly!

Guest martyn202

Paul,

Im new to this SPV Lark and i didn't realiase that orange added "Branding" software that was so Naff!! i came accross this forum pruely by accident and all that i can say is WoW! great job!! my phone now looks a hell of a lot better and the way Microsoft intended mobile 6.0 to look. Installation was Very simple and worked the way you said it should.

thanks again

Martyn

Guest flinx79

Fantastic - I just installed this and it works a treat :)

Is there anyway I can change the device unlock settings?:

when the keybad is locked, the screen is dimmed. I'm pretty sure on my SPV c500 if you brought up the 'unlock' page, the screen would light up. I've found on the SPV e650 that the screen stays dim, meaning I can't see what is being displayed if I'm outdoors, due to glare. Also, can I set the unlock code to anything less than the 4 digit one? ie. just one or two presses?

Guest patbisch

Is it possible to have the original Orange home.xml of the e650 ?

Thanks.

edit: it's ok, I've got it.

Edited by patbisch

Guest hardlyworthit

It works! and then the application unlock works using the microsoft security manage and the tool.cab. Fantastic. thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.