E650 Calendar / Contacts / Tasks / Task manager problem

Guest Mark Snook

Guest Mark Snook

I bought my Orange SPV E650 a week ago and am having a problem with interaction between several of the standard applications.

If I open Calendar then Tasks, after a short while I can't access Calendar or Contacts.

When I try and kill tasks using the task manager application - it displays the title of the task manager but will not show the active tasks and won't respond. I can press the home button, which takes me back to the home screen but neither the Calendar, Contacts nor Task Manager applications respond.

Some times the issue will clear it's self but other times it requires me to switch off and on the phone.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

Guest Samsonite
I bought my Orange SPV E650 a week ago and am having a problem with interaction between several of the standard applications.

If I open Calendar then Tasks, after a short while I can't access Calendar or Contacts.

When I try and kill tasks using the task manager application - it displays the title of the task manager but will not show the active tasks and won't respond. I can press the home button, which takes me back to the home screen but neither the Calendar, Contacts nor Task Manager applications respond.

Some times the issue will clear it's self but other times it requires me to switch off and on the phone.

Any ideas on what could be going on?

i kinda get what you have happen every now and then - sometimes pushing # in the Task Manager will refresh the list and then you can kill anything /everything as you should be able to... i cant say its as repeatable as you state here but it does happen and fairly frequently - crap innit!! :rolleyes:

unfortunately, this is one of the little 'quirks' of the Windows Mobile world... whilst we are all fans of the system here, it aint perfect by a loooong way! some would argue it's better than anything else on the market but that's always a good start point for a flaming!!! :P

...and welcome to Modaco!!

Edited by Samsonite

Guest mutejute

same here with my orange e650. its very annoying cause it happens frequently. i have to shutdown the phone if i want to make it back to normal.

samsonite, are you saying that this is a windows mobile (particularly wm6?) bug and not the orange e650 phone?

Guest DAK ATTACK

Silly question but have to tried change the Orientation and then try loading the app?

I used to get this alot after creating a SMS in landscape (qwert keyboard) then going into portait which would hang the phone home screen or active apps but swithcing back and forth of the Orientation solves it.

Guest Mark Snook
Silly question but have to tried change the Orientation and then try loading the app?

I used to get this alot after creating a SMS in landscape (qwert keyboard) then going into portait which would hang the phone home screen or active apps but swithcing back and forth of the Orientation solves it.

Extracting and then retracting the keyboard will screen refresh and the task manager is displayed but it will not respond to key presses, other than the Home key, which takes you back to the Home screen. The Task manager is also not showing any running tasks (Total applications of 0)

I tried out the following last night.

1. Opened Calendar then opened contacts.
  2. Then I amended an existing appointment in calendar.
Contacts and Task Manager did not respond. Out of interest the version that I am running is
  • ROM version: 1.14.61.2
  • OPERATOR version: 22.114.1.612

Guest Samsonite
samsonite, are you saying that this is a windows mobile (particularly wm6?) bug and not the orange e650 phone?

hmmm, dont know... havent had any other WM6 device. thinking about it now, i dont ever recall seeing it on my Qtek S100 WM2003se (ppcPE) OR E200 (whatever that was) but then they are such distant memories now! :rolleyes:

perhaps i am a little more forgiving in terms of what the OS does badly (memory management, operator ROMS etc) because of what it does well for me! (MSN, Divx Movies, Exchange Sync etc etc.. - ok maybe that last one was stretching it a bit but you get the idea)