Time sync option

Guest jonokimber

Guest jonokimber

Hi all. I have a feeling my HTC 710 Vox is synching with my laptop clock every time i synch up with AS 4.5.

Does anyone know how i can disable this option as my laptop clock is always wrong and always on UK time (fixed). I travel a lot and like to set the local time on my phone for alarms etc.

Cheers

Jono

Guest KillBait!

Connect the phone up to your laptop and let activesync start up, Select the Tools->Options Menu, in the bottom right corner of the options tab there is a button called Settings, click that nd the time sync can be disabled from there.

This is from memory so i might be slightly out on the actual menu you need to select

Guest conan_troutman

why would you want to turn it off...it always gaurentees you have the right time set. great for those whose phones lose the time when the batteries are pulled just synch to reset

Guest jonokimber
Connect the phone up to your laptop and let activesync start up, Select the Tools->Options Menu, in the bottom right corner of the options tab there is a button called Settings, click that nd the time sync can be disabled from there.

This is from memory so i might be slightly out on the actual menu you need to select

Unfortunately there isn't a time sync option there. It goes to my Exchange Server settings...

post-267757-1183743552_thumb.jpg

The weird thing is that I'm sure i did see the option at some stage but just cannot find it again. The reason i don;t want to sync is that I like to keep my laptop on UK time but when travelling with work, like to have my phone on local time so I can use the alarm.

Thanks in advance if anyone else wants to have a look at their own activesync (especially if they are not using an Exchange server) to see if ther eis a time sync option.

Jono

• 10 months later...
Guest zarquon

Why not go to "clocks and alarms" and select Visiting and set that correctly for local time where you are. The base time of the phone remains UK so no problem with active sync.

I have no experience of this I am just assuming that is what that function is for.

Edited by zarquon

Guest wizgnome
Why not go to "clocks and alarms" and select Visiting and set that correctly for local time where you are. The base time of the phone remains UK so no problem with active sync.

I have no experience of this I am just assuming that is what that function is for.

Visiting? where do you find that option? I only Have Option 1 Date and Time and Option 2 Alarm

Mike