Mitac Mio A501 and general GPS phone questions

Guest Ghost_1

Guest Ghost_1

Currently I am looking into buying a Mitac Mio A501. It is a quadband GPS WM5 phone from Mitac Corp.

I've looked everywhere for more info on it and I get the usual information. I know that Mitac products are lacking in some areas, support sucks, and generally not the best phones. I know this because my first WM phone was a Mio 8390. It wasn't horrible just not a huge amount of support like the HTC products, which I own two of. Anyway here are some questions some of the forum people might be able to help me out with.

1. Does anyone have or know of anyone who is willing to give me a quick review of their A501?

2. The GPS software is more then likely going to be for Europe or Asia. I'm in the US and I'd like to use the GPS function here. Would I be able to use other software in conjunction with the GPS or am I just being stupid? US A701 users might be able to help me here. lol

3. I'm I just better of getting a different phone? I like HTC products but the form factors and $$$ can be more then I am willing to spend on some of their products. I have been looking at the P3600 but I don't want to shell out another $200 bucks on a form factor I'm really not liking. Any comments?

Any help is appriciated. I'm not really in a hurry but I'm getting bored of my T-Mobile Dash. I really miss the touchscreen on my I-mate JAM and while I don't want to give up the keyboard I don't mind as long as I get something that will come into use. ie GPS.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ghost_1

Well since as of now I have almost 80 views and no one has said anything. . . lol.

Well so here's the verdict. This is the second time in the last year I have decided to wait once again before I buy a new phone. :)

On the lighter side I just found out T-mobile USA is putting out 3G services as of September 10th 2007. Well that is what I here in the rumor mill. So now I'm back on the search for a new WM6 phone with 3G.

Any suggestions?

BTW if the mods want to move this one or even change the topic title please feel free to do so. Otherwise just lock this one up and I can post a new topic. Thanks!