Get your fixes here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Until UBiQUiO fix stuff... here's some things I know you're all gonna like, more will appear as I create them! :)

P

Change the 'Phone' soft key on the Home screen to 'Calendar'... useful as the Phone key duplicates the green button functionality.

503G_Remap_Left_Soft_Key_To_Calendar.CAB

Rename the 'GPRS' connection type to 'GPRS, 3G', to avoid confusion.

503G_Rename_GPRS_to_GPRS_3G.CAB

Disable Camera shutter sound (option not normally available)

503G_Camera_No_Shutter_Sound.CAB

Set default Camera save location to Storage Card (necessary as Camera app doesn't save settings)

503G_Camera_Use_Storage_Card.CAB

Set default rear Camera resolution to 1600x1200 (necessary as Camera app doesn't save settings)

503G_Camera_1600x1200_Resolution.CAB

Set default front Camera resolution to 640x480 (necessary as Camera app doesn't save settings), and also set viewfinder size to fullscreen for front Camera pics (option not normally available)

503G_Front_Camera_VGA___Large_Preview.CAB

Guest Gilbert1

Hi Paul,

Thanks a million for these fixes. I am wondering if you have found a way to increase the earpeice volume on the device? Also if there is a way to keep the phone volume memory not lost when you do a soft reset? I am not going to ask about the keyboard because it is a nightmare!

Best regards,

Gilbert

Guest michehrlich
Hi Paul,

Thanks a million for these fixes. I am wondering if you have found a way to increase the earpeice volume on the device? Also if there is a way to keep the phone volume memory not lost when you do a soft reset? I am not going to ask about the keyboard because it is a nightmare!

Best regards,

Gilbert

Mine does not lose its volume settings after soft reset. That said, I've got SPB Phone Suite installed; maybe that has something to do with it (it controls volume settings among other things). Try that -- it's an app you'll definitely want to have on any WM Pro (or Pocket PC) device anyway. I think a trial version is available. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/?en

Guest Sean B

Paul,

I am getting my 503 tomorrow (in the States). I was assured that it had the 'new' ROM, but seing how many problems everyone been having, wonder now if I am soon to be a beta tester for Ubiquio.

What version of ROM do you have on the headset you were provided.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maevro

Thanks Paul, you are a godsend. If you didn't have these fixes, who would I get them from? From UBiQUiO, err I mean Expansys since they are the same?

Edit: BTW, if you want to change the left softkey to whatever you want, you just have to edit the registry.

KEY: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Today/Keys/112

String Value: Default -> "Name to Display"

String Value: Open -> "Path to exe"

2nd EDIT: I have issues heaving people on the other end when I am outside, but not inside. I tried to increase all of the volume files I could find in the registry but I don't think it is doing anything. Can anyone come up with a .cab to fix the volume?

Edited by maevro

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest brucebb

Paul, is it possible to adapt the xml files in the cab files you have provided? I want to change the camera fix for the size to 640x480 and with the quality as high.

I have been having a tinker but to be fair don't really know what I am doing. I have edited xml files previously with dreamweaver but the CAB bit is something I havent played with before.

Any help would be gratefully received,

regards

• 10 months later...
There is a ROM update on the Expansys 503G forum - new version 3.05.

Haven't tried it yet because my phone is still in the post.

Can't wait to test it! ;)

Are these updates useful if the latest ROM is installed?

The camera ones are the only ones you will need. Also get the sdhc patch from expansys support forum. There is a program called remapsoftkeys that sorts the soft keys out.

Forgot to mention that yes you will need the latest rom update. It fixes some keyboard problems. It still leaves the phone slightly unstable.

The rom update will totally clear all previously installed programs, contacts, calendar items, email, sms only stuff on memory card will survive.

The camera ones are the only ones you will need. Also get the sdhc patch from expansys support forum. There is a program called remapsoftkeys that sorts the soft keys out.

Thanks a lot! Do you have a link for the sdhc update? I had a look on the expansys support forum but cannot see it.

Thanks a lot! Do you have a link for the sdhc update? I had a look on the expansys support forum but cannot see it.

I will try find it and post the link here. I have the file saved anyway. Look back here later.

• 4 months later...
How do i install these fixes?

Hi you will need to download all of the files that paul has posted.It would be best to do this on your computer, put them all in one folder.If you have a micro sd card you could transfer the folder to it.If you do not you will need to run activesync on your computer and connect your device.You will then either plug in the memory card or copy the folder to your device.Now on the device using file explorer find the folder you moved across, click on the ones you want to install. The device will ask where to install it and then you can install another one.

• 1 month later...
Guest andy_bez_wandy
Found it!

SDHC update

Thanks for all your help.

hell,

I am having trouble downloading a/m patch as ... www page responds with an error saying

Error 404 Not found