How to save from camera to storage card?

Guest ewel

In my SPL I have the standard camera software that comes with it. In the options I found a setting for chosing where to save photos (device or storage card) but that option is greyed out. Do other SPL's have the same issue? Is there some way to solve this, perhaps in the registry?

Guest slimgym

Mine does allow me to set the option for storage on the card, however you don't get the choice of path and I recall it creates a new one off the root called "Pictures", rather than putting them in MyDocs\MyPics or something like that. I-Mate support have been reasonably prompt with me on emails, you might try them. I tried their online service and it kept cutting me off (when I asked awkward questions!) so I'd stick to email.

I tried to load the SPV album onto the SPL but that fails - the app itself is HTC and as this isn't an HTC handset it doesn't have some of the necessary code. I paged through the exe file to see what's missing and it seems as though it calls stuff in the core DLL's which you obviously can't replace :) Shame as IA Album was bought by HTC so you can't even buy a copy of the generic app anymore.

Mine does allow me to set the option for storage on the card, however you don't get the choice of path and I recall it creates a new one off the root called "Pictures", rather than putting them in MyDocs\MyPics or something like that. I-Mate support have been reasonably prompt with me on emails, you might try them. I tried their online service and it kept cutting me off (when I asked awkward questions!) so I'd stick to email.

I tried to load the SPV album onto the SPL but that fails - the app itself is HTC and as this isn't an HTC handset it doesn't have some of the necessary code. I paged through the exe file to see what's missing and it seems as though it calls stuff in the core DLL's which you obviously can't replace :) Shame as IA Album was bought by HTC so you can't even buy a copy of the generic app anymore.

Strange but true I now managed to set it to the storage card!

You're right that it is a pity that we cannot set our own choice of folder.

If you Google for download IA Album you might still find some old versions for download.

I don't know how it is in your phone, but in mine the setting of saving photos from camera to the storage card creates a new folder 'picture' on the storage card and puts the photos there.

I tried fiddling the registry to change that, but no luck...

Guest slimgym

Yes that's exactly what it does, which is a right pain being as it puts them in "My Documents\My Pictures" when you set it to save to the phone!