• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Hang when playing Media Player.

2 posts in this topic

Occasionally, it does not hang but most of the time, after playing for a while, the speaker will play some noise and the keypad not respond.

I also use TCPMP. TCPMP does not hang though.

I don't know if it's due to some background programs running.

Anyone have this problem also ?

I found that the problem occurs when:

- Media Player us running

- there are a few other programs running (I start these to test: MDICT, Windows Commander, Papyrus, TCPMP playing)

- the phone is connected to the PC via ActiveSync, OR had previously been connected to the PC (but is now disconnected)

The above is the configuration I use to test. I'm not saying that other config would not cause it to hang but this config will cause it to hang quite predictably. Just wait a while and it will hang. Sometimes, I need to press the keys and it then hang.

I then started to remove the programs from StartUp and test by start them one by one. The culprit is ... O2 Menu.

If I start O2 Menu and use the above config, the phone will hang after a while. But if I don't start O2 Menu, the phone would not hang. I've tested it yesterday overnight and today. So far, if O2 Menu is not running, the phone would not hang.

So now I've stopped using O2 Menu and use something called AbstractStart (which gives me a menu like the Dopod 585 I had previously).

I will continue to monitor this but I'm quite sure it's O2 Menu. The phone would hang quite predictably and now, it didn't hang.

Anyone want to try and report the results here (I might not be monitoring this thread though).