[GUIDE] Upgrading HTC Tornado to Windows Mobile 6 - with pictures

Guest karhoe

Thank's for the descriptive guide. I've successfully upgraded to wm 6 and am writing this post from my t-mobile sda! If anyone runs into formatting problems... try removing the minisd card and then running the format command. Thanks again!

Guest karhoe
Thank's for the descriptive guide. I've successfully upgraded to wm 6 and am writing this post from my t-mobile sda! If anyone runs into formatting problems... try removing the minisd card and then running the format command. Thanks again!

Many people have problem formatting because they did not use the proper case when typing the command, it must be exactly 'format BINFS', the f must be small, BINFS must be all in upper case

• 2 weeks later...
Well, first, but very good! I successfully updated my phone. Only trouble I had is with app lock, SDA_ApplicationUnlock wasn't working for me but then I used Regedit... Everything else passed smothly ;) Thanks!

Perhaps you need to reboot your phone

Hello! karhoe is the link above ok? Couse the page can not be displayed. And one question more is this tutorial to uprage the Cingular 2125 from WM5 to WM6?

Thank you

Hello! karhoe is the link above ok? Couse the page can not be displayed. And one question more is this tutorial to uprage the Cingular 2125 from WM5 to WM6?

Thank you

Yes its ok, my website is down at the moment, please be patient, I just did some google, yes my guide applies on Cingular 2125

Guest jmhalder
Yes its ok, my website is down at the moment, please be patient, I just did some google, yes my guide applies on Cingular 2125

speaking of, NICE GUIDE!, just upgraded my cingular 2125 using it, WM6 is so much nicer, hell, even the splashscreens are SO much more apealing than the cingular WM5 ones... enough reason alone to switch.

thanks for the awesome guide.

Before I go and do this to my C600, is it easy enough to flash it back to WM5 with the operator's ROM?

if im not mistaken, you just need to perform a hard reset and then run the WM5 update as usual

• 2 weeks later...

Hi KH,

I did read your guide and looks good, but I am a little scared in running the SPV-Services to SuperCID. I am pasting the telnet contents

info 2
GetDeviceInfo=0x00000002
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
***** user area size = 0x79E80000 Bytes
HTCSCDL_0601 ) HTCE
Cmd>[/codebox]

Do i really need to patch my ROM, or skip to step?

UPDATED:

=======

Well took my chance and tried installing cert.cab... but got premissions error.. serached around and got did a reg hack and was able to install cert

rest everything went well.. and smooth

Thanks All!!! my i-mate sp5m is on WM6 now yeepeee ;)

Edited by desihu

Guest desihu

OK so my SP5m with WM6 seems to be working fine...few observations till date are..

1. Yahoo Go is extremely slow

2. Three Media Player buttons do not work as desired. Only center button invokes player but, next prev, stop start does not work

ne suggestions.. have run the SP5mButtonFix.cab

Guest thinh30

I tried to run cert.cab and regedit.exe in SP but unsuccessful. I though , they have new IPL and SPL , also they have a newer lock's way.

Tornado2.jpg

Tornado3.jpg

Tornado4.jpg

Tornado5.jpg

Anybody can help me?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest benglesII

WM6 3.7 custom built ROM downloaded from the link doesn't work or corrupted. can anyone please have a working copy of this rom where it can be easily download. im stuck on step 10. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest shawnobery

Worked like a dream for me - thanks very much!!!

Windows Mobile 6.1 rocks - it's breathed a whole new life into my O2 XDAIQ - thanks heaps!!

Guest DarylO

I have a Cingular 2125 and am interested in upgrading to WM6 but I wanted to make sure before I did that the SlingPlayer installs successfully on it. Does anyone have any experience with that? Also, are there any bugs that I should know about using it on AT&T's network?

Daryl

Worked like a dream for me - thanks very much!!!

Windows Mobile 6.1 rocks - it's breathed a whole new life into my O2 XDAIQ - thanks heaps!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mc510

Earlier posts in this thread say that the technique works with the HTC Faraday (Cingular 2125) ... I presume that the way to do it is to follow the instructions for the HTC Tornado? Can anyone confirm that?

Also, what important settings will I lose and need to re-enter? I know I'll lose Exchange server synch settings, but I know how to re-enter those. I know I'll lose contacts, email, etc.; no biggie there because I'll just fetch it all again from the Exchange server. But what about the various settings (about which I know absolutely nothing) that tell the phone how to connect to the ATT network? Are those settings safely located on the SIM? Or will I need to re-enter them?

[edit] Okay, I went ahead and did it. For anyone else who is wondering: yes, you follow exactly the directions for HTC Tornado. No, you will not lose your phone network settings (I guess they're on the SIM). Yes, you will lose your data network settings; I found instructions for re-entering AT&T settings here. Nitro's WM6 rocks; I can't wait for a stable WM6.1 to try!! [/edit]

Edited by mc510

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Black_Magic

I am stuck at step 12(ish) and my phone is stuck on the boot loader. I have tried to reconnect my phone to Active Sync but it will not connect. Please Help ASAP!!! Also, I have a HTC 2125

• 2 years later...