Quick Page Pool Size Changer

Guest kay11224

Guest kay11224

Posted by slvrbllt on xda-developers credits to him and PARADIS_PAL for his solution

First let me credit PARADIS_PAL for this solution. I have only changed the ROM offset in order to have it to work with our Herald device.

Now you can easily change the pagepool size in just a few seconds!

Do not forget to soft-reset your device as soon as the ROM value has been changed.

Ciao!

24/AUG: No need to mention that I have used and tested this BEFORE posting this thread here.

According to S4VVA suggestions (thanks pal!), it seems that 6MB pool size is a quite good compromise, as opposed to 4MB that actually slows the device down, and 12MB which in turn wastes so much precious memory.

Given this method actually takes just a couple of seconds, I would recommend a page pool size change on a per need basis:

leave it at its original value (it won't hurt your device, after all!) and reduce its size if you ever needed more space.

1. Connect your Herald with Running OS, so with ActiveSync Connection (no special mode, just connected)

2. Install ASerg Policies.cab (not always necessary)

3. Unzip the File you downloaded from first post

4. Run backup.bat

5. Run the batch of the desireable PagePool size.

If failed PP Change, run restore.bat.. (VERY unlikely)

Source

HTC_P4350_Quick_Page_Pool_Size_Changer.zip

ASerg_Policies.CAB

Edited by kay11224

• 1 year later...
Guest drphyto
Posted by slvrbllt on xda-developers credits to him and PARADIS_PAL for his solution

First let me credit PARADIS_PAL for this solution. I have only changed the ROM offset in order to have it to work with our Herald device.

Now you can easily change the pagepool size in just a few seconds!

Do not forget to soft-reset your device as soon as the ROM value has been changed.

Ciao!

24/AUG: No need to mention that I have used and tested this BEFORE posting this thread here.

According to S4VVA suggestions (thanks pal!), it seems that 6MB pool size is a quite good compromise, as opposed to 4MB that actually slows the device down, and 12MB which in turn wastes so much precious memory.

Given this method actually takes just a couple of seconds, I would recommend a page pool size change on a per need basis:

leave it at its original value (it won't hurt your device, after all!) and reduce its size if you ever needed more space.

1. Connect your Herald with Running OS, so with ActiveSync Connection (no special mode, just connected)

2. Install ASerg Policies.cab (not always necessary)

3. Unzip the File you downloaded from first post

4. Run backup.bat

5. Run the batch of the desireable PagePool size.

If failed PP Change, run restore.bat.. (VERY unlikely)

Source