(NOW AVAILABLE) New QVGA "PAH Vista" Homescreen themes

Guest paholman

Guest paholman

Now available: DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

10/10/2007: Download fixed

EXTRAS:-

- PAH_Vista__WMP_versions_.zip - WMP versions (contains phoneAlarm and non-phoneAlarm XML themes that use Windows Music Plugin)

post-54173-1190885765_thumb.gif

v0.92 update:-

- Now includes 12hr and 24hr phoneAlarm skins

- MotoQ versions included

v0.93 update:-

- Fixed 12 hour clocks (pA version only), now no leading zeros, and include A or P indicator

v0.94 update:-

- More 12hr clock issues fixed

- Changed SmartMonitor plugin version to 0.9.5.1 for compatibility with MotoQ

- MotoQ specific versions removed as MotoQ now works with SmartMonitor 0.9.5.1 plugin (included in ZIP)

v0.95 update:-

- Fixed Facade (landscape) scrolling issue

v0.96 update:-

- Added Fizz Weather versions (5 Day 2 only - others won't be aligned)

v0.97 update:-

- WM5 Color Schemes for black soft keys on color schemes: Lake, Sky, Dark Cloud and Ultimate

- phoneAlarm BETA4 (Build 99) now included - which fixes Wifi on i600

v0.98 update:-

- PAH Vista (ALL) theme (Portrait) which uses ALL plugins phoneAlarm, Facade (Launcher and Scheduler), Alarm Info, GPRS and Fizz (4 Day Large) plugins

(Screen shot here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...t&p=847024)

v0.99 update:-

- PAH Vista (ALL non-pA) theme (non-phoneAlarm version) plugins Facade (Launcher and Scheduler), Alarm Info, GPRS and Fizz (4 Day Large) plugins

post-54173-1191856334_thumb.png

- Windows Media Player versions (seperate CAB included which delivers phoneAlarm, non-phoneAlarm and non-Facade versions)

post-54173-1191856360_thumb.png post-54173-1191856369_thumb.png

I've now created TWO versions (both use same background images and color schemes) :wub: :-

1. phoneAlarm version

post-54173-1190885823_thumb.png post-54173-1190885830_thumb.pngpost-54173-1190847054_thumb.png

Select from one of the following "PAH Vista" homescreens:-

- PAH Vista (PA Simple) : This version does NOT use Facade plugin

- PAH Vista (PA + Facade) : This uses phoneAlarm and Facade plugins

- PAH Vista (PA + Facade + GPRS) : This uses phoneAlarm, Facade and Efficasoft GPRS plugin

2. non-phoneAlarm version

post-54173-1190885874_thumb.png post-54173-1190885882_thumb.png

post-54173-1190885903_thumb.png post-54173-1190885913_thumb.png

Select from one of the following "PAH Vista" homescreens:-

- PAH Vista (Simple) : This version does NOT use Facade plugin

- PAH Vista (Facade) : This uses Facade plugins

- PAH Vista (Facade + GPRS) : This uses Facade and Efficasoft GPRS plugin

I've also included 8 other background themes which WILL work with either version.

I have the intention to create more if required.

- PAH Vista Sky

post-54173-1190886231_thumb.png post-54173-1190886246_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Dark Cloud

post-54173-1190886268_thumb.png post-54173-1190886285_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Ultimate

post-54173-1190885941_thumb.png post-54173-1190885964_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Sunset

post-54173-1190886039_thumb.png post-54173-1190886052_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Lake

post-54173-1190886072_thumb.png post-54173-1190886084_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Dock

post-54173-1190886103_thumb.png post-54173-1190886113_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Grass

post-54173-1190886151_thumb.png post-54173-1190886160_thumb.png

- PAH Vista Azul

post-54173-1190886180_thumb.png post-54173-1190886192_thumb.png

Also I may be able to create custom ones on request, like this one I'm currently using:-

- PAH Vista LFC

post-54173-1190886625_thumb.png post-54173-1190886634_thumb.png

v0.96 - Fizz Weather versions:-

post-54173-1191343578_thumb.png post-54173-1191343607_thumb.png

Designed specifically on my VOX to cater for the Portrait/Landscape switching, but I'm sure it will work with any Portrait 240x320 or Landscape 320x240 device.

The phoneAlarm images are all transparent so will work with different color backgrounds.

The "facade" launcher bar contains new "Vista" shortcuts, I've created the following in my current build, all are shortcuts on the launcher bar and accessible via scrolling left or right:-

- Calendar

- Messaging

- Contacts

- Windows media Player

- File Explorer

- Comm Manager (Enable/Disable Wifi/Bluetooth/Phone)

- Internet Explorer

- Pictures & Videos

- Reboot

(All the above are included with WM6, other program shortcuts can easily be added)

With phoneAlarm on this screen, it is possible to do the following on the actual Iconbar:-

- Task Switching (Vista Icon)

- Enable/Disable Wifi

- Enable/Disable Bluetooth

- Quickly turn on/off phone sounds (Mute)

- Change Profiles (phoneAlarm replaces the Windows Mobile profiles with 6 new ones)

- Re-Dial last 10 numbers

Also, with phoneAlarm, you can :-

- Schedule Automatic Profile switching (with option of enabling/disabling sounds, Wifi, Bluetooth, phone)

- Repeating Alarms for unread emails, SMS, missed Calls, voicemails, appointments

(Warning: Because phoneAlarm uses it's 7 profiles, existing alert sounds needs to be added to these new profiles, along with volume etc)

I've also created Vista "Shutdown and Startup" animated splash screens to give the extra Vista feel, but these only appear to work on the Orange SPV E650 or devices which use \Windows\oemstartup.dll.

Other devices could use a static image if they want to.

Startup:

post-54173-1190848026_thumb.gif

Shutdown:

post-54173-1190848132_thumb.gif

- For the animated screens, copy to \Windows on the device, use a Registry Ediitor and update/create the following registry keys:

HKLM,"Software\HTC\Startup\Image (String) ="\Windows\PAH_Vista_Startup.gif" (no quotes)

HKLM,"Software\HTC\Shutdown\Image (String)="\Windows\PAH_Vista_Shutdown.gif" (no quotes)

For the Static image:

post-54173-1190848147_thumb.png

- Copy to \Windows on the device, use a Registry Ediitor and update the following registry keys:

HKLM,"System\Startup\1\Splash = "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Startup.gif" (no quotes)

HKLM,"System\Shutdown\1\Splash = "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Shutdown.gif" (no quotes)

I hope you like it ;)

I will update the download with the released version of phoneAlarm when it becomes available

Thanks

Edited by paholman

Guest Mechanicaldan

This does look awesome! I'll download it when it's ready and give you some feedback. It looks like everything I've been waiting for in a homescreen.

Just wondering if your Vox is overclocked? I'm considering overclocking mine. It's the perfect device for me, just a little slow.

Is there any display or icon as to when the alarm is on or off on the homescreen?

Edited by Mechanicaldan

Guest paholman
This does look awesome! I'll download it when it's ready and give you some feedback. It looks like everything I've been waiting for in a homescreen.

Just wondering if your Vox is overclocked? I'm considering overclocking mine. It's the perfect device for me, just a little slow.

Yes, I'm overclocking at 240Mhz with backlight is full brightness using Tornado PowerControl.

It's running at 180mhz on dim, and 140mhz with back light completely off.

With these settings, I could have 30% battery left at night, (running at 140mhz (backlight off)) leave it on overnight, and still have 30% battery remaining in the morning.

Battery life is reduced with heavy use running at 240Mhz but I've got mine constantly connected via USB/ActiveSync during the day

Is there any display or icon as to when the alarm is on or off on the homescreen?

I've added the Alarm Off (On icon) to the homescreen.

There is the other option of replacing the Efficasoft GPRS plugin with one of the Alarm plugins, but as I used the GPRS plugin more I used that one.

There isn't any room to add any more plugins unfortunately as this would affect the landscape display and I wanted to avoid scrolling on this homescreen.

Screenshots here with new Alarm display and using the "Vista - Beach Rocks" color scheme:-

post-54173-1190632818_thumb.png post-54173-1190632813_thumb.png post-54173-1190632800_thumb.png

Due to the way the Carrier plugin works, I've had to add "Alarm Off" text to display at all times, then when the alarm is enabled, the icon is displayed over the top of the "off" text. For this reason, the font has to be this size.

As mentioned, the only other method is replace the GPRS plugin with an Alarm one such as "Alarm Info Plugin".

Thanks

Edited by paholman

Guest paholman
.... phonealarm 1.11 build 66 is out for beta tests. Where is your cab? :wub:

hehe, thanks for the reply.

I haven't created a cab yet :D

I plan to do that whenl I've tested it with the final release of phoneAlarmSP 1.11 to ensure it still works ;)

Guest Rolandhurt01

Is it possible to use your Homescreen without using phone alarm by editing it out of the xml file, as I loove the the Homescreen?

Edited by Rolandhurt01

Is it possible to use your Homescreen without using phone alarm by editing it out of the xml file, as I loove the the Homescreen?

Yes! I would also love a version of your homescreen without phone alarm - but with the standard information bar in! Then you can make a v1 cab for your fans, and make the phonealarm one v2!

I am dying for a new homescreen, and this one looks awesome! Thanks for the hard work!

Strange, I seem to be one of the few that just hate phone alarm.

Guest Rolandhurt01
Yes! I would also love a version of your homescreen without phone alarm - but with the standard information bar in! Then you can make a v1 cab for your fans, and make the phonealarm one v2!

I am dying for a new homescreen, and this one looks awesome! Thanks for the hard work!

I've never tried phone alarm, the thbought of having to pay for another plugin is putting me off the Homescreen with its current requirement of phone alarm.

Guest paholman

I will certainly consider it as this one, admittedly does use a lot of plugins some of which needs to be purchased, but it's a homescreen that makes the most of the plugins I actually use.

I might also create a version without Facade, there is CBReminder plugin but "No future appointments" is in German, and I don't know how to display in English, and I cannot set different sizes for Port/Land orientation.

Without phoneAlarm most of the functionality would be lost:-

- The top Vista iconbar with the task manager, wifi on/off, sound on/off, bluetooth on/off, profile switching would not be there

- The Clock and Message counts would not be on the same line

My other reason is I didn't want the homescreen to scroll (Landscape mode) as the plugins are aligned to the boxes on the background image. If the plugins scroll, they are not aligned, and it doesn't look right. To many plugins in Portrait mode, are not displayed in Landscape until they are scrolled. The reason I used Facade is that is provides portrait/landscape switch functionality so I can have two different sizes for Calendar.

I'll give it a go and see what it looks like, it might look a little empty though.

Edited by paholman

I will certainly consider it as this one, admittedly does use a lot of plugins some of which needs to be purchased, but it's a homescreen that makes the most of the plugins I actually use.

I might also create a version without Facade, although Facade provides portrait/landscape switch functionity so I can have two different sizes for Calendar. Without that, Portrait would look a little bare.

There is CBReminder plugin but "No future appointments" is in German, and I don't know how to display in English, and I cannot set different sizes for Port/Land orientation.

Without phoneAlarm most of the functionality would be lost:-

- The top Vista iconbar with the task manager, wifi on/off, sound on/off, bluetooth on/off, profile switching would not be there

- The Clock and Message counts would not be on the same line

I'll give it a go and see what it looks like, it might look a little empty though.

Can you send me the files so I can try the homescreen with the beta phonealarm etc in the meantime? I'll private message you my email address and then I can also let you know if I find any problems?

It seems there is a problem with the phoneAlarm plugin, I installed it first and onto the phone memory - but it doesn't pick up the PAH Vista skin, even if I select it and restart.

Maybe it's something in the cab of the homescreen which isn't putting the phonealarm skins in the right place? I tried to see if I could find anything, but I couldn't!

Looking good though!

Guest paholman
It seems there is a problem with the phoneAlarm plugin, I installed it first and onto the phone memory - but it doesn't pick up the PAH Vista skin, even if I select it and restart.

Maybe it's something in the cab of the homescreen which isn't putting the phonealarm skins in the right place? I tried to see if I could find anything, but I couldn't!

Looking good though!

I've sent you an email with info on how to fix it, i.e just need to rename a directory.

I've fixed the cab now too.

Thanks for the info

I've sent you an email with info on how to fix it, i.e just need to rename a directory.

I've fixed the cab now too.

Thanks for the info

Paholman - this home screen is great! Been playing with it the whole day and it just works so perfectly! The time is nice and big so you can see it (very imortant to me) and you did a really good job with the Vista-style icons in the application launch bar! Switches to landscape perfectly aswell - no issues there!

Also, the start menu in the top right hand corner is excellent. So easy to close tasks and open active items!

The homescreen is so functional, yet looks good at the same time. I give it 5/5! Thanks a ton and keep up the good work!

Guest paholman

I've finished creating the TWO versions:-

- phoneAlarm version

- non-phoneAlarm version

and submitted it for download, so hopefully it will be available soon.

I hope you like it

:rolleyes:o)

Edited by paholman

Guest decodertje
New version uploaded, and all screenshots amended.

download link not work?

We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:

We could not find the file specified

Guest paholman
Hi, great job on this skin!! How do you configure it to add a shortcut to taskmanager???? (or any other menu options/programs for that matter)

Thank you!

I created iconbar using the phoneAlarm plugin. See here for more information: http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarmSP.html

It takes a while to get to grips with the customizations and syntax, but it's highly addictive when you do :wub:

Download link not working

download link not work?

We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:

We could not find the file specified

Hi,

I'm sorry it's not actually available for download just yet. I have uploaded file files to the downloads section, but before they're available to actually download, they have to be approved by the MoDaCo Moderators, and I'm not sure how long that will take, depends how busy they are I guess.

;)

Thanks

Guest Rolandhurt01
Thank you!

I created iconbar using the phoneAlarm plugin. See here for more information: http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarmSP.html

It takes a while to get to grips with the customizations and syntax, but it's highly addictive when you do :wub:

Hi,

I'm sorry it's not actually available for download just yet. I have uploaded file files to the downloads section, but before they're available to actually download, they have to be approved by the MoDaCo Moderators, and I'm not sure how long that will take, depends how busy they are I guess.

;)

Thanks

Are the boot screens part of the download or do they have to be downloaded seperately?

Guest paholman
Are the boot screens part of the download or do they have to be downloaded seperately?

I've not included them as they only work on SPV E650.

"Broken1" tested my homescreens on his HTC S710 and they all work fine, but the Startup/Shutdown screens didn't work as they do on my SPV.

The Orange branded phone plays animated GIF on startup and shutdown via oemstartup.dll.

The HTC phones don;t have this.

You can right click on the animated GIFs on the 1st post, and "Save As...".

Then follow the steps to update the registry as I described.

I may create a cab for SPV E650 users if there is enough demand for it.

Thanks

Hi paholman, I didnt mean the iconbar right at the top. I was referring to the launcher bar somewhere in the middle of the homescreen, which has "vista" shortcuts. How do I edit those so that I can link those icons to my own shortcuts (e.g. shortcut to a new text)??

Thanks again!!

Edited by dyu

Guest paholman
Hi paholman, I didnt mean the iconbar right at the top. I was referring to the launcher bar somewhere in the middle of the homescreen, which has "vista" shortcuts. How do I edit those so that I can link those icons to my own shortcuts (e.g. shortcut to a new text)??

Thanks again!!

Hi Dyu,

Provided you have loaded one of the "Facade" versions of the "PAH Vista" homescreens, you can do:

Start > Facade Settings > Menu > 5 Launcher > 1 Buttons

Then activate/deactivte whichever buttons you like.

To change the images of these icons has to be done in the homescreen XML itself:-

Example for Messaging:-

I hope this helps

Thanks