impy78

O2 K850i

6 posts in this topic

Hiya Chaps,

I am a lucky lass. My dad is upgrading his phone, but as he doesn't like change, he is giving me his new phone - the SE K850i. However he is on O2 and I am on T-Mobile. Will I need to get it unlocked?

I have used my sim card in his current phone (a samsung d600) with no probs, but i was wondering if O2 had ever changed this at all?

AFAIK O2 still don't lock their phones (I had ann O2 Exec which was never locked) so you *should* be OK.

But lucky? You have a vario II and you are getting a K850i - isn't that a step backwards (apart from the camera)

AFAIK O2 still don't lock their phones (I had ann O2 Exec which was never locked) so you *should* be OK.

But lucky? You have a vario II and you are getting a K850i - isn't that a step backwards (apart from the camera)

The O2 k850i isnt sim locked

The only thing the o2 phone has is a o2 icon when the play now feature was and o2 stratup and close down, other than that the phone is left in tact

I HATE the Vario II! It is buggy, the battery lasts for literally 4 hours between charges, it crashes 10 - 20 times every day and it also cuts people off when I try to answer their call.

I say NO!

The O2 k850i isnt sim locked

The only thing the o2 phone has is a o2 icon when the play now feature was and o2 stratup and close down, other than that the phone is left in tact

Thanks guys!

Well, I have it and I love it!

It is unlocked and it's pretty effing special, and the battery lasts and lasts!

Well, I have it and I love it!

It is unlocked and it's pretty effing special, and the battery lasts and lasts!

How quickly does the phone start from cold? I currently have a Nokia N95 which I love except that the camera start up time bugs the crap out of me!