.CAB extensions help

Guest Firestorm6500

Guest Firestorm6500

I am trying to install the Kaiser LED Notifications tweak but i cant seem to get it to work. I placed it in the Kaiser (ATT Tilt) using ActiveSync yet i cant seem to find it on my phone in order to run it. Where do i place these files to get them to work and install

Guest Neil5459

A cab file is simply an installer package which is run from the local device- the file still needs to be executed to install the program itself.

So, you are almost there- you can copy th cab file to any location on the PPC, but most of us use My Documents, or a sub folder on a storage card. Once the file is copied across, locate it with File Explorer (remember thta this doesn't show file extensions, so make sure you know the file name and location!) and then tap the file name with the stylus- this will invoke the installation process.

System utilities and today screen items need to be installed to Device MAin memory; anything else can go on a storage card to save device memory.

Guest Neil5459

Look in the Start Menu (hit Start, and see if File Explorer is in the dropdown list ;) )

Since later WM5 versions, anything in the Start Menu is removed from the Programs screens (which is why a lot of folk can't find the Office Mobile applications!)

• 1 month later...
Guest Disco Stu
Im new to this, both modaco and PDA. I dont seem to be able to download that file from downloads at all. please help.

Welcome to the forum :(

Have you tried to download since you registered ?

You need to be logged in to see the links.

Click on the image then scroll down on the next page to see the Download button.

Guest New Kaiser
Welcome to the forum :(

Have you tried to download since you registered ?

You need to be logged in to see the links.

Click on the image then scroll down on the next page to see the Download button.

Yes. i have tried several times but get the same message every time:

"You do not have permission to download this file"

it works fine with other files from download but it is this file i am interrestet in in particular:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule...p;showfile=2400

please help

thx

• 2 weeks later...