Bluetooth Trouble

Guest dkindred

Guest dkindred

My car, or indeed the standard radio that comes in the car with is bluetooth compatable, therefore i am able to pair my phone and make/receive calls using the screen in my car, except, my TYTN II doesn't work properly, let me try and explain -

When i make a call it rings but sounds awful, when someone answers they here a horrible noise their end and can't hear me speaking, if i then click the button the car to move the call to my handset they can hear me fine and i can hear them, i am then able to puch the button on the car to move the call back to handsfree and everything works as it should.

It is 100% something wrong with the phone as i have tried several other phones in the car and they work fine. Has anyone else experienced similiar or have any ideas on what i could try to resolve this issue?

regards,

dkindred

Guest hotphil

Is it worth trying the Bluetooth patch HTC have released? See the News section for details on it, think it mentioned something about improving handsfree performance/issues.

My car, or indeed the standard radio that comes in the car with is bluetooth compatable, therefore i am able to pair my phone and make/receive calls using the screen in my car, except, my TYTN II doesn't work properly, let me try and explain -

When i make a call it rings but sounds awful, when someone answers they here a horrible noise their end and can't hear me speaking, if i then click the button the car to move the call to my handset they can hear me fine and i can hear them, i am then able to puch the button on the car to move the call back to handsfree and everything works as it should.

It is 100% something wrong with the phone as i have tried several other phones in the car and they work fine. Has anyone else experienced similiar or have any ideas on what i could try to resolve this issue?

regards,

dkindred

You could also try googling for Jetware, it works pretty well for me.

Guest dkindred
Is it worth trying the Bluetooth patch HTC have released? See the News section for details on it, think it mentioned something about improving handsfree performance/issues.
unfortunately mine is an Orange branded device which i believe will leave me unable to download from the htc site???

Guest dkindred
Jetware is great, but if HTC have released a patch, i'd install that too... it fixes SOMETHING, so IMHO it's worth installing!

P

ok, managed to do that, will report back when i've tried (probably tomorrow now) thanks everyone :(

installed the patch, rebooted, re-paired bluetooth, but guess what? no difference :o anybody have any other ideas what i could try?

Same here. I was excited to read about that new BT patch, hoping it would finally fix extremely poor quality of sound and voice dialling over BT headset - but I've installed, rebooted tested, and.. got very disappointed. No difference at all. Same rubbish as before. :(

BTW, I've recently got myself Ericsson T39m (just £9.99 on eBay in pretty decent condition!) - very old, but still very good phone, one of the first phones EVER with Bluetooth on board. And guess what - BT sound quality in that phone is just great! And I can't believe voice dialling could be so easy and... just working as it should! And bear in mind, this is a phone from the beginning of this decade...

Guest GrzegorzBIAL
installed the patch, rebooted, re-paired bluetooth, but guess what? no difference :( anybody have any other ideas what i could try?

I've got the same. Could somebody help us ?

My rom is 1.83.464.0 PLK (polish original version). Is this patch is good for my version of ROM ?

Guest louis78

dkindred

What is your car ?

I have exactly the same problem as you describe and this is on a NiSSAN embarqued car kit (a new X-Trail)

I have tested the HTC patch and no improvement.

Louis

Guest dkindred
dkindred

What is your car ?

I have exactly the same problem as you describe and this is on a NiSSAN embarqued car kit (a new X-Trail)

I have tested the HTC patch and no improvement.

Louis

That is exactly the car i was using it with! Scary!

I do actually work for a Nissan dealership and can assure u there's nothing wrong with ur car :(

Guest louis78
That is exactly the car i was using it with! Scary!

I do actually work for a Nissan dealership and can assure u there's nothing wrong with ur car :(

we are not alone...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ighlight=nissan

it concerns also Renault, Citroen, ...

Hope htc will issue a patch

Louis

Guest dkindred
we are not alone...

it concerns also Renault, Citroen, ...

Hope htc will issue a patch

Louis

if u pair ur x-trail up, when u make or recieve a call, as soon as the calls connected, select the option on the screen of ur car for 'handset', u can then pick up the handset, say "hello" and in the mean time push the "phone" button on ur radio, that will then reconnect u via bluetooth and be crystal clear.

Not ideal, but it's a work-around of sorts.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously i can't recommend u do that as it's illegal to pick up ur handset while driving but it does work (i tried while sitting in the drive :( )

Guest Subliminal Aura
BTW, I've recently got myself Ericsson T39m (just £9.99 on eBay in pretty decent condition!) - very old, but still very good phone, one of the first phones EVER with Bluetooth on board. And guess what - BT sound quality in that phone is just great! And I can't believe voice dialling could be so easy and... just working as it should! And bear in mind, this is a phone from the beginning of this decade...

Soooo true but you can't top me when I believe I was one of the very first people to bluetooth my 6210 using an extended bluetooth battery and Nokia's connectivity pack which wasn't even bluetooth 1.0 certified ! Even wrote a howto - this must have been towards the end of 2000.

ps Wasn't the the 6310i earlier than the ericson ? Oh dear I'm old :| !!!

ps Wasn't the the 6310i earlier than the ericson ? Oh dear I'm old :| !!!

I'm not sure, actually - but I did quick google look up, and it turned out Ericsson was the first:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=100

But anyway - whichever was first, they all seem to deal way better with Bluetooth headsets than our all-in-one-super-duper-toy called HTC Kaiser. :|

Guest Subliminal Aura
I'm not sure, actually - but I did quick google look up, and it turned out Ericsson was the first:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=100

Actually I do remember now as my mate had the ericson a few months after my nonsense with the 6210 and bluetooth battery kit. I upgraded to a 6310i must have been after him. I think I can remember the blurb about the ericson being the first BT phone. Heh.

But anyway - whichever was first, they all seem to deal way better with Bluetooth headsets than our all-in-one-super-duper-toy called HTC Kaiser. :|

So true the Kaiser has more power than pcs had 10 years back so errrr come on sort out the software guys !

Guest tasminracer

I've been having some problems with my orange tytnii and a parrot rythem'n'blues radio/cd/car kit.

random voice quality, some times i can hear but they cant hear me, and more recently some times as soon as the phone syncs the radio thinks a call is being initiated...

non of these with my spv m5000 ;-(

Guest louis78
if u pair ur x-trail up, when u make or recieve a call, as soon as the calls connected, select the option on the screen of ur car for 'handset', u can then pick up the handset, say "hello" and in the mean time push the "phone" button on ur radio, that will then reconnect u via bluetooth and be crystal clear.

Not ideal, but it's a work-around of sorts.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously i can't recommend u do that as it's illegal to pick up ur handset while driving but it does work (i tried while sitting in the drive :( )

Thanks, I was aware of this work-around

For info, I was using with the same x-trail car kit a HTC Artemis (also called HTC P3300 or SPV M650 by Orange).

The Artemis is running on WM5 and it works well.

Guest Random Tox

I've been following this thread and am still a bit unclear about the extent of the bluetooth issue with the Tytn II. I was about to purchase this device but having read this thread, I'm now a bit nervous about doing so. Does this issue affect pretty much all car kits / headsets across the board or is it just with a few brands?

I would be looking to use the Tytn II with a nokia car kit via a bluetooth link but if the sound quality of a call is really poor I may have to reconsider. Can anyone comment on how widespread the issue is?

Cheers.

I've been following this thread and am still a bit unclear about the extent of the bluetooth issue with the Tytn II. I was about to purchase this device but having read this thread, I'm now a bit nervous about doing so. Does this issue affect pretty much all car kits / headsets across the board or is it just with a few brands?

For me, personally, issue mostly concerns voice dialling - but I'm not 100% if it's because of BT overall, voice speed dial application, or maybe my headset. I'm going to test it soon with new BT headset soon and I'll see what happens. Voice calls themselves are actually not that bad, however they are clearly worse than in other phones I've had before. Google around, also on xda-dev forums - AFAIR there is quite big thread about that issue.

I would be looking to use the Tytn II with a nokia car kit via a bluetooth link but if the sound quality of a call is really poor I may have to reconsider. Can anyone comment on how widespread the issue is?

Friend of mine has Nokia car kit over BT, and also recently changed to Kaiser. He confirmed that quality of calls are much worse than before (he was using SE K800i). :(

BTW, I'm really surprised to see that people are more concerned about slow video playback, and the fact they can't watch full-length movies and stuff on their Kaisers, so they actually are gathering votes over petition to HTC to do sth about it - while Bluetooth voice quality over headset, as one of the really really basic features in business-like phone is well known bug, but not that many people seem to care about it after all. :(

• 1 year later...

I see that one year later, HTC didn't correct this problem in his new Diamond Touch HD phone.

I'm driving a Renault Laguna and have exactly the same problem as described in the first message : poor audio connection and the other side can't hear me.

Did somebody find a solution for this problem?

<edit> I found myself the solution: update the rom software in Carmina system with the latest version and the problems are gone <\edit>

Edited by evb