• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Exchange Users on Orange

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am really keen on this handset but had a quick question for anyone who is using Exchange for push email on Orange......

My last O branded handset was a M3100 and getting push email to work was, to be frank, a right royal pain in the ar$e! Orange would not let you install unsigned certificates on the device and as our exchange server uses a self signed certificate this caused several headaches to circumvent! So, my questions are:

• Does anyone know if this is a general O security setting and therefore an issue on this device?
  • Is there any easy work around that doesnt involve any changes to our Exchange server?
  • Would I be better off loading a HTC ROM and if so are there any about?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, I actually think I favour the new ROM approach given that I recently needed to unlock an M3100 and decided to go the whole hog and load WM6 on it too and realised just how simple it was! Although doing it to a brand new device does worry me slightly!

e

Posted (edited)

I am really keen on this handset but had a quick question for anyone who is using Exchange for push email on Orange......

My last O branded handset was a M3100 and getting push email to work was, to be frank, a right royal pain in the ar$e! Orange would not let you install unsigned certificates on the device and as our exchange server uses a self signed certificate this caused several headaches to circumvent! So, my questions are:

• Does anyone know if this is a general O security setting and therefore an issue on this device?
  • Is there any easy work around that doesnt involve any changes to our Exchange server?
  • Would I be better off loading a HTC ROM and if so are there any about?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, I actually think I favour the new ROM approach given that I recently needed to unlock an M3100 and decided to go the whole hog and load WM6 on it too and realised just how simple it was! Although doing it to a brand new device does worry me slightly!

e

It's quite happy installing home baked certificates and exchange works really well on it

Edited by ashley

Posted

It's quite happy installing home baked certificates and exchange works really well on it

thanks for the reply - that may be the final incentive I need - might phone Orange now!!

Ed

Posted (edited)

Orange might not let you - but if you app unlock first you should have no problem. As your company is paying you're obviously not worried about data charges - otherwise you'd use T-Mobile!

Edited by Confucious

Posted

Orange might not let you - but if you app unlock first you should have no problem. As your company is paying you're obviously not worried about data charges - otherwise you'd use T-Mobile!

It is my company so me paying :( I actaully have a good data deal with O (provided I can keep it when I upgrade!) so I think I am one of the lucky ones! Is this handset easy to unlock?

Ed

Posted

Is this handset easy to unlock?

If only I had searched the answer was here all along!

Posted

What data deal do you have with O if you don't mind me asking?