Yahoo! Go 3.0 Beta launches today!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
ygomarquee.jpg
Today, at around 11am Pacific Time at CES in Las Vegas, Yahoo! will announce the release of the Beta version 3.0 of Yahoo! Go, their integrated internet experience application for Windows Mobile.

Already a considerable success, the new Beta adds a freshened UI with even more optimisation for mobile phone use, improved performance and most significantly... access to 3rd party 'widgets' from leading publishers.

More about Yahoo!'s new 'Open Mobile Widget Platform'....

• The Mobile Widget Platform is an open environment for developers to create mobile Widgets for instant access by millions of consumers.
  • Widgets created on the Mobile Widget Platform will be available to consumers from various starting points, including Yahoo! Go 3.0 and Yahoo!’s new mobile homepage.
  • The platform will enable developers to write code once and publish their content across Yahoo!’s mobile network, allowing accelerated delivery of a feature-rich mobile experience.
  • The platform will enable consumers more control over their experience, as well, by providing the functionality to add and delete Widgets at any time.
  • Full-featured SDK for developers to be introduced over the coming weeks.
  • Third-party Widget launch partners include, eBay, MySpace and MTV.

It actually sounds pretty cool, and should pose as an interesting challenger to other similar players in the market, such as the newly-Beta'd Zumobi.

The new features also look set to broaden the likely gap between the quickly maturing Yahoo! Go client and the forthcoming (but as yet officially unseen) AOL MyMobile client, which looks very much like a Go tribute :(

We should have more deets as the press releases become available later today, so watch this space!

:D

P

PS Yes, a MoDaCo widget has already been discussed! :D

Guest Icer Mize

I am curious to know if Yahoo! sends text messages when you sign up for "Yahoo! Go". I was about to install it a couple of weeks ago and noticed that my phone number was required. As much as I'd like to give the program a try, I'm always hesitant to give out my phone number. I am allowed a limited number of text messages and don't want to waste them by getting messages from Yahoo!

Thanks in advance for any comments regarding this issue.

Icer

Guest tasman
How do we get this? Already had 2 installed

I tried to get the 3.0 Beta, but the website (http://get.go.yahoo.com) from my M3100/WM6 says the new Beta is not yet available for my phone and to install 2.0 and they will update when the new version becomes available :(

Guest mwright
I am allowed a limited number of text messages and don't want to waste them by getting messages from Yahoo!

Thanks in advance for any comments regarding this issue.

Icer

Unless I am very mush mistaken, you will not waste bundled messages by RECEIVING messages from someone else.

Guest mstephenson
I tried to get the 3.0 Beta, but the website (http://get.go.yahoo.com) from my M3100/WM6 says the new Beta is not yet available for my phone and to install 2.0 and they will update when the new version becomes available :(

I also got the same message listed above. Was really looking forwards to having a play round with this :D

Anyone know when it will work on an HTC S710?

Edited by mstephenson

Guest Confucious

They said they'd let me know when V2 was available for my device and I got a text a few weeks ago saying it was. It still says 'The instalation file is not intended for this device' when i try and instal it. So I don't hold out much hope for V3!

Guest Neil5459
Unless I am very mush mistaken, you will not waste bundled messages by RECEIVING messages from someone else.

Depends where you live :(

A lot of US and Canadian operators charge the subscriber for receiving as well as sending text messages.

Guest hotrodbx

Would be good to hae the messenger included as well. Also the ability to invite people to look at you Flickr images without signing up would be good.

• 1 month later...
Guest Will D
ygomarquee.jpg
Today, at around 11am Pacific Time at CES in Las Vegas, Yahoo! will announce the release of the Beta version 3.0 of Yahoo! Go, their integrated internet experience application for Windows Mobile.

Already a considerable success, the new Beta adds a freshened UI with even more optimisation for mobile phone use, improved performance and most significantly... access to 3rd party 'widgets' from leading publishers.

More about Yahoo!'s new 'Open Mobile Widget Platform'....

It actually sounds pretty cool, and should pose as an interesting challenger to other similar players in the market, such as the newly-Beta'd Zumobi.

The new features also look set to broaden the likely gap between the quickly maturing Yahoo! Go client and the forthcoming (but as yet officially unseen) AOL MyMobile client, which looks very much like a Go tribute :D

We should have more deets as the press releases become available later today, so watch this space!

:(

P

PS Yes, a MoDaCo widget has already been discussed! :(

I've tried multiple times throughout the last month or so, and even still as of this morning (4am March 3 2008 in Minnesota US) Yahoo Go! 3.0 will not install on Motorola Q 9m. :( Is it just me, or does it seem like owning the Q isn't the winning move I thought it once was.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.