Colored Iconbar Plugin

Guest RinkuD

Guest Archangel Sin

I do not know if its just me or maybe I need another type of editor for this but I cannot seem to get it to work on my phone. I used the mobile reg editer by breaksoft and did all that it had said, (or atleast the most that I could understand) and when I did so it did not change..

Is there anything I am missing? I just got this today and despite at the fact that I am very sounding n00bish here I am trying to get everything perfect for when I can fully use it with style tomorrow...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fireburned

Hi,

There is a bug between Iconbar plugin and Fring plugin, they use the same GUID :

{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}

Could you correct this ?

Bye.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rbrainard

I am unable to get this to work on my Motorola Q9C after following the ReadMe file...

In the registry, I added the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}\InProcServer32

With a Default value of (REG_SZ) = \Windows\iconbarplugin.dll in each.

All files were copied to the \Windows directory and the .xml them file now has the following as the plug-in ID...

When I use this .xml theme file... I get a black icon-bar across the top of my home screen and standard icons in other screens...

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks!

Edited by rbrainard

Guest christoph1176
I am unable to get this to work on my Motorola Q9C after following the ReadMe file...

In the registry, I added the following keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}\InProcServer32

With a Default value of (REG_SZ) = \Windows\iconbarplugin.dll in each.

All files were copied to the \Windows directory and the .xml them file now has the following as the plug-in ID...

When I use this .xml theme file... I get a black icon-bar across the top of my home screen and standard icons in other screens...

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks!

I just i just installed it on my Q9c, used the install cab and copied over the files for landscape and transparency. works great. doesnt show all of the icons normally on the bar, but i dont know what the missing ones were for anyhow. Well, except for the GPS icon, but i can live without that one. Great work Rinku! Looks good!

Actually, quick question. Does the shadow show a little phone handset while you are in a call? I know my Q did and was just wondering if you decide to make anymore updates, how difficult would it be to add this also? I dont know how to do it otherwise I would do it myself.

Edited by christoph1176

• 1 month later...
Guest Scath De Solas

If you want to edit and make your own icon bar check the windows folder. The icons should be in there. CHome_Iconbar_Filename.

Edited by Scath De Solas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Altuswire

I've installed the .dll for transparent support and copied over the icons. Not seeing the icon for btheadset on the iconbar though? Any ideas

• 3 weeks later...
Guest notaliberal

Rinku -

Hope you're still checking this post once and a while... :D

How did=fficult would it be to move one of the headset icons (either the BT or the regular headset) over to the left more? Currently when I'm wearing my BT headset AND I have my special adapter hooked up to use my little portable speakers to listen to music, I get both the headset icons right on top of each other and it looks, well, sorta ugly.

I understand if this is too much work to make a specific change just for me, but figured there might be others out there too who experienced this.

It'd be greatly appreciated, but either way I LOVE the colored icon bar. THanks a million for it!!

(Oh, any luck finding out what controls the icon bar when you're anywhere other than the homescreen? Just curious...)

THanks!

Jeff

• 4 months later...
Guest motiond
The number of notifications are limited in the plugin. The WML notifications are not wanted. With a few more basic changes, I shall be soon be realesing the source code for the plugin. Then perhaps interested users can add more notifications as they want.

I see there hasnt been any post here since Aug, just wondering if RinkD ever released a open source code for this? I have searched many forums, but with no luck?

• 3 months later...
Guest ZeroXtreme

I installed it on a Samsung SGH-i600 with WM6.1 installed on it, everything works fine except for the icons indicating GPRS/EDGE/3G, which is actually fine with me, but my main problem is the SMS notification icon is always present even when there are no new messages.

Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.