• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flash HTC ROM to T-Mobile MDA Touch Plus?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Has anyone done this OK? I wanna try it tonight because the T-Mobile ROM doesn't come with Windows Live and has loads of pink icons etc.

Posted (edited) · Report post

hi cream long time no see.

But to answer your question i do not see it being a problem. I am using a custom rom on mine at the mo(niki project). As long as you hard spl the device first there should be no problem.

Made sure I had a backup copy of the rom first, just in case there is any problems with the hadset etc and i need to send it back.

any quesitons just ask

:)

Edited by thereaperman

Posted · Report post

Hey, cheers :)

What's the easiest way of backing up a ROM these days and dumping it correctly to a file that I will be able to flash back?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

If its just the pink icons you're interested in I can email you the ones from my Touch for you to use if you're interested?

Posted · Report post

Thanks but I have flashed it now. All works fine - much better :)

Posted · Report post

Is there any special tricks to doing this?

I am going to try it. Do I need to CID unlock the phone prior to installing the HTC rom? Also - where can I download the Rom?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Is there any special tricks to doing this?

I am going to try it. Do I need to CID unlock the phone prior to installing the HTC rom? Also - where can I download the Rom?

Thanks

has anyone dumped the t-mobile uk rom? please could someone contact me as i flashed without backing up and now may need to return to t-mobile after dropping it - dropped calls etc.

thanks

Posted (edited) · Report post

has anyone dumped the t-mobile uk rom? please could someone contact me as i flashed without backing up and now may need to return to t-mobile after dropping it - dropped calls etc.

thanks

I would like to get hold of the original t-mobile rom if someone had dumped it yet. I am planning on flashing my touch plus with the HTC rom as soon as i get a t-mobile rom to keep as a backup incase it has to go back to t-mobile for any reason

Edited by dolbe666

Posted · Report post

I would like to get hold of the original t-mobile rom if someone had dumped it yet. I am planning on flashing my touch plus with the HTC rom as soon as i get a t-mobile rom to keep as a backup incase it has to go back to t-mobile for any reason

this topic may help...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380329

Posted · Report post

thanks mr end. they have finnished the rom with the dumped files. its about 99% complete but i think it would be good enough for a backup rom. if anything does happen that i need to return the phone the one thing that is now working shouldnt be noticable.

apparentley the identity is showing as the Niki 100 instead of niki 200

Posted · Report post

Has anyone done this OK? I wanna try it tonight because the T-Mobile ROM doesn't come with Windows Live and has loads of pink icons etc.

You can try the steps stated HERE to reflash from storage.

Works for me. :D