Sliding sounds

Guest Johnston411

Guest Johnston411

Firstly hello my fellow niki users and thanks for all the great .cabs i've got from this fine forum.

As a thankyou here is a little something i worked out from searching various forums and got it to work on the niki.

The slidingsounds .cab is lokmeups from xda devs.

To get sliding sounds working on your touch dual follow these steps:-

Install phm regedit

Install lokmeup slidingsounds

Open regedit and go to HKLM\software\htc\slidingsound

Here you will see entries 0-9 (these are related to each effect and by tapping each one it will show you which sound it makes)

To choose which one you want just edit slidingsound by tapping on activeslidingsound and changing the value to the number that corresponds to the sound you want.

You can also add your own sounds by adding .wav files to windows folder and adding new keys to the registry:-

I've used the sounds in the attached zip for this example. Just substitute the names for your own wavs if necessary for the value data in the in and out strings:-

1) Download lynx.rar and extract files to the windows directory of your device (lynx_in.wav and lynx_out.wav)

2) Open reg editor and got to HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SLIDINGSOUND and add a key and call it 10

3) Add a string and call the value name default and the value data lynx

4 Add a string and call the value name in and the value data lynx_in.wav

5) Add a string and call the value name out and the value data lynx_out.wav

Should look like this:-

slider.jpg

5) Now choose number 10 as your ACTIVESLIDING SOUND and your device should use the lynx .wav when opening and closing

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MESSING WITH THE REGISTRY IS A BAD IDEA IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. THINGS WILL GET BROKEN

Click link for lynx.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IT6SN84

regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB

Sliding_Sounds.cab