ROM: TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21 WinMo 6.1 - VF ROM / Radio, HTC OEM + CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest Syphon Filter
Hello :D

Yes, this is my convention, it's built on the same ROM you're using. It reports a different version in device information, because i'm using the HTC OEM section (will fix the version number reporting in a future release).

The HTC ROM has Worldcard and WLM as you note, the HTC version has a slightly older JVM. There's not a lot to call between them, but most people like the black standard HTC look (me included), hence I built it with the HTC OEM section.

I completely agree. The HTC themes and skins are brilliant.

Now, thanks your your ROM, I have a pretty nicely loaded TyTN II.

I have customised it with the following:

HTC Touch Keypad & Keyboard

HTC Touch Wait Cursor Animation

HTC Touch WMP Skin

TLR HTC Random Access

TLR 10 Key Comm Manager

HTC Touch Calculator Skin

In addition to that I have the following apps installed:

SK Tools

Google Maps

Total Commander

SPB Pocket Plus

SPB Mobile Shell - Not really doing much with this one, but I like the screen it displays when you lock the device

Schaps Advanced Config Tool

PHM Reg Edit

MoDaCo CamerAware

CoPilot Live 7

I also have SCLPC++ on my device which works nicely, though Slither will be updating this soon to add some new features and ifx a couple of bugs.

Is it possible to back this "build" of my device up completely?

But with the help of TLR and a few of the other guys I have a device which feels like new again!!

Guest Syphon Filter
Sprite Backup is your friend :D

P

So with a sprite backup, if i need to hard reset my device will restoring that just bring my device back to its current state?

Guest Syphon Filter
Yeah, exactly!

P

Awesome.

Oh...If I remember correctly. There's a copy of Sprite Backup on one of the CD's that came bundled with my HTC TyTN II! Even better.

Guest Loconinja

I have my e-mail set to download messages every 5 minutes. Before I flashed to WM 6.1, this would occur even if the phone was on standby (i.e. screen off). Now it only happens if the phone is "on". Is there a setting or registry entry to turn this feature back on? Thanks!

Guest pete_thomson

Despite my concerns that I'd read about people bricking Orange branded phone due to issues with the radio I am happy to say the re-flash went flawlessly.

Cracking job.

Guest miker33

Over a week later with this ROM and no soft resets or power offs required as yet (running the same apps as I did on old ROM), that's a record for my Vario III :D

Edited by miker33

Guest tsutton
Over a week later with this ROM and no soft resets or power offs required as yet (running the same apps as I did on old ROM), that's a record for my Vario III :D

That's good to hear. I am now more and more wanting to do it with my phone. :(

Guest Mr.Clark

Does it fix that really annoying bug on the V3 whereby if you switch it into Silent mode (either with the HTC Home plugin or by tapping on the sound icon at the top and ticking the "off" radio button) and then turn the sound on again, the ringtone is still silent?

Oh, what the hell, I'll try it anyway...

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I have not used Skype before so not 100% sure this is a ROM problem, but trying to load it just now I too get exactly the same message.

I have the same problem - having just installed Skype - anyone got a work around yet?

Guest Mr.Clark
Does it fix that really annoying bug on the V3 whereby if you switch it into Silent mode (either with the HTC Home plugin or by tapping on the sound icon at the top and ticking the "off" radio button) and then turn the sound on again, the ringtone is still silent?

Oh, what the hell, I'll try it anyway...

Update: It's fixed it! :(

{EDIT: Never mind, that was me being stupid}

Other than that, looks ace so far :D

Edited by Mr.Clark

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Guys;

Anyone help out here?

I have a major issue…

I reverted back to the Tmobile ROM last night as I wanted to install Skype – and can’t get it working on TLR’s 6.1 ROM (seems to be a 6.1 issue), any how since then I have lost all sound from my Vario III. This includes all sounds and notifications, all media player incoming call rings and also microphone for calls (I can still dial out etc so I know the “phone” is working!

So I have an expensive PDA at the moment! Any ideas please?

Also something else I noticed having flashed back to the Tmobile ROM – the MODACO splash screen is still there.. this is obviously not good if I need to go back to Tmobile…. Any ideas?

Cheers

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest GordonTGopher
Guys;

Anyone help out here?

I have a major issue…

I reverted back to the Tmobile ROM last night as I wanted to install Skype – and can’t get it working on TLR’s 6.1 ROM (seems to be a 6.1 issue), any how since then I have lost all sound from my Vario III. This includes all sounds and notifications, all media player incoming call rings and also microphone for calls (I can still dial out etc so I know the “phone” is working!

So I have an expensive PDA at the moment! Any ideas please?

Also something else I noticed having flashed back to the Tmobile ROM – the MODACO splash screen is still there.. this is obviously not good if I need to go back to Tmobile…. Any ideas?

Cheers

SF

As you need a new Radio flash to go to 6.1 or you have sound problems I'd suspect you need to re-flash the radio with a 6.0 radio to keep the sound when you go back. I think TLR has included the radio in his flash, other chefs don't.

I'm at work, so can't visit XDA, but I'm sure a quick search there will pont you to a 6.0 radio.

Good luck,

Gordon

Guest Mr.Clark
Hmm, never heard of that ringtone problem before :D

Yeah, it was very weird, and very hard to discover as well. I noticed first that sometimes I'd get texts or missed calls without knowing, then further investigation revealed that although that screen would claim I had my normal ringtone, if I rang the phone, it would be silent. If I tapped the ringtone, it would go to the ringtone-selection screen and default back to the Windows Default ringtone.

This new ROM has cured that, so very happy now :(

Guest Shadowfixeruk
As you need a new Radio flash to go to 6.1 or you have sound problems I'd suspect you need to re-flash the radio with a 6.0 radio to keep the sound when you go back. I think TLR has included the radio in his flash, other chefs don't. I'm at work, so can't visit XDA, but I'm sure a quick search there will pont you to a 6.0 radio. Good luck,

Gordon

Thank you!!!

In the meantime i have flashed back up to TLR - so at least i have a working phone ;-)

Will take a look at XDA... but if anyone else can help in the meantime.........

Thanks again

SF

Guest nevawlkalone

wtf cant get the ROM Get the following error

550 /Upload/TLR/TLR.Kaiser.1.08.02.21.exe?bcsi_scan_6D024066F08DC387=1: No such file or directory

Guest Shadowfixeruk
<br />wtf cant get the ROM Get the following error<br /><br />550 /Upload/TLR/TLR.Kaiser.1.08.02.21.exe?bcsi_scan_6D024066F08DC387=1: No such file or directory<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Try using a PC to download - not your mobile device... worked for me.

SF

FINALLY I see we can post ROMs here (see here) :( :D

Introducing... the ultimate Kaiser experience...

TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21

What's In:

• Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 build 5.2.19199
  • Vodafone Core (newest)
  • Vodafone Radio (newest)
  • HTC OEM (best)
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • .net Compact Framework 3.5
  • Modaco Splash Screen
  • 32MB PagePool
    • .net Compact Framework 2.0 (3.5 is backwards compatible)

How to install
      • Install HardSPL on your device from here
      • Ensure the device is hooked up and ActiveSync is showing 'green'
      • Run this EXE to flash your device

Optional (but recommended) post install additions

• HTC 10 Key Comm Manager - a great Comm Manager that gives you everything you need at your fingertips (CAB) - Click Here
        • HTC Camera 5.04 + Album - updated and much improved Camera and Album applications (CAB) - Click Here
        • HTC Equalizer - adds a menu to Settings >> System that is a graphic equalizer for use with your headphones - Click Here
        • HTC Home Settings - adds a menu to Settings >> Today that lets you turn on / off individual tabs on the HTC Home screen - Click Here
        • HTC Large Start Menu - finger friendly usability for the Start menu - Click Here
        • HTC Large Title Bar - finger friendly usability for the title bar - Click Here
        • HTC Network Plugin - adds an menu to Settings >> Connections for setting up drive mappings - Click Here
        • HTC Phone Pad - the original (much loved) T9 input method - Click Here
        • HTC Random Acccess - finger friendly usability for the contacts application - Click Here
        • HTC RSSHub - straightforward and effective RSS reader - Click Here
        • HTC Voice Recorder - Voice Recorder application - Click Here
        • PHM Soft Reset - a handy tool to allow you to Soft Reset from the Start Menu - Click Here

Original style Operator themes

[*]T-Mobile UK Grey Squares Theme - as it says, install CAB and select in Settings >> Today (CAB) - Click Here

Fixed and Tweaks

[*]AT&T Tilt Keyboard Fix - install this CAB and reboot, and your keyboard will be configured correctly for the AT&T Layout - Click Here

[*]No Threaded SMS - for those who don't like the new threaded SMS - Click Here