• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

My Funky White Touch

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I've just bought a white housing from Hong Kong on ebay for my HTC Touch, and fitted it the other night, and I'm really pleased with the way it looks :(

I haven't seen many proper pictures of the Touch in white so I've just taken some.

It went down very well at the pub last night and gave a couple of iphones a run for their money :D

post-56-1204556275_thumb.jpg

post-56-1204556298_thumb.jpg

post-56-1204556310_thumb.jpg

post-56-1204556316_thumb.jpg

post-56-1204556325_thumb.jpg

Posted

Very nice indeed, good job!

P

Posted

Oooh I like that!!

Gonna get one, was it easy to fit?

Posted (edited)

Oooh I like that!!

Gonna get one, was it easy to fit?

It was a bit fiddly but here goes :(

Basically you have to, remove the battery cover and undo the four star screws.

Carefully remove the front plate (I just used my finger nails)

Remove the two screws holding down the keypad, pull it out, unclip the ribbon and feed it through a hole to remove it.

You then need to force the screen protector off the original front plate which is stuck down but it will "peel" off.

The new housing didn't include the two bits of mesh covering the earpiece and the speaker on the back, so I had to prise them off and superglue them on to the new housing. Also the silver piece around the camera lens is loose so I superglued that on to the new battery cover.

You then have to prise out the earpiece speaker which has two little bits of clear plastic attached to the sides which reflect the leds through the earpiece hole. I stuck them down with superglue to make it easier as they were just loose.

I then superglued the screen protector on to the new front cover, and then poured myself a glass of whisky :D (optional)

Then it's just a case of putting it all back together. A bit nerve racking but everything works fine and it looks like a brand new phone.

There's a few on ebay, but make sure you get an original HTC housing.

Good luck :(

Edited by Simon Desser

Posted

I think I would start with the whisky :D

Impressive stuff !

Posted

Looks smart....good job