GPS Works (YAY!) ... But ...

Guest vijay15

Guest vijay15

Hey guys,

So I have GPS working rather nicely on my i780 now using the following (as per both here and the folks at XDA):

1. PortSplitter

2. TomTom

Here's my problem. Every so often I get TomTom starting up randomly on my i780. I cant really tell why. As far as I can see its secondary to my memory card, but I really have no way to tell. I suppose I could remove the card to find out, but since ths wouldnt be a lonterm option (given I need the memory card for the size of the maps), I thought I would ask if anyone was having the same problem, and/or knew of a solution.

Of course, I should let you know that all of the original install files for the TomTom software are on the memory card that is in my i780. I dont know which ones can be removed, and which ones need to remain for the program to work aside from the maps.

I love this device by the way!

Thanks for all of your help,

Vij

Guest dirlan2001
Hey guys,

So I have GPS working rather nicely on my i780 now using the following (as per both here and the folks at XDA):

1. PortSplitter

2. TomTom

Here's my problem. Every so often I get TomTom starting up randomly on my i780. I cant really tell why. As far as I can see its secondary to my memory card, but I really have no way to tell. I suppose I could remove the card to find out, but since ths wouldnt be a lonterm option (given I need the memory card for the size of the maps), I thought I would ask if anyone was having the same problem, and/or knew of a solution.

Of course, I should let you know that all of the original install files for the TomTom software are on the memory card that is in my i780. I dont know which ones can be removed, and which ones need to remain for the program to work aside from the maps.

I love this device by the way!

Thanks for all of your help,

Vij

Hi,

As TT has no 'autostart' I guess your problem is related to that Portsplitter. I can't see why you need to have this for running TT ....

The only other possibility might be that you have your SD-card disconnect and reconnect now and then, due to some power'savings' setting. This causes the '2577' folder to start up. And in that folder you'll find a 'TT*.cab'....

Cheers,

Dirk

Guest vijay15

I think you are right about what ails my i780. I think it is the SD-Card disonnect/reconnect ....

Do you know of a way to disable this? Does anyone? I know I have looked under the power settings, but I havent really "dug under the hood" to get to the root of the problem. Any idea?

Do I need the TT.cab in the 2577 folder?

What can I do?

Hi,

As TT has no 'autostart' I guess your problem is related to that Portsplitter. I can't see why you need to have this for running TT ....

The only other possibility might be that you have your SD-card disconnect and reconnect now and then, due to some power'savings' setting. This causes the '2577' folder to start up. And in that folder you'll find a 'TT*.cab'....

Cheers,

Dirk

I think you are right about what ails my i780. I think it is the SD-Card disonnect/reconnect ....

Do you know of a way to disable this? Does anyone? I know I have looked under the power settings, but I havent really "dug under the hood" to get to the root of the problem. Any idea?

Do I need the TT.cab in the 2577 folder?

What can I do?

You can rename the '2577' folder on your SD card to something like 'TT2577' and TomTom should still work - while disabling the autostart. Give it a try - if TomTom fails to work, simply rename the folder back to '2577' but it should work ok as I have done this on my device.

You can rename the '2577' folder on your SD card to something like 'TT2577' and TomTom should still work - while disabling the autostart. Give it a try - if TomTom fails to work, simply rename the folder back to '2577' but it should work ok as I have done this on my device.

Good thinking

i hot swap my memory card between a few different windows devices & did find it quite annoying, This works a dream.

cheers everton

• 2 months later...
Guest mattgod69

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but does the i780 have built in GPS? I thought it did, but now i am starting to think otherwise.....

Cheers in advance.....

Matt