HTC WM6 adjusting backlight brightness (C#/C++)

Guest taridzo

Guest taridzo

I have a HTC Touch WM6 and cannot find a working solution to programmatically adjust the backlight brightness. All the solutions I find seem to have worked on early devices. Does anyone have an idea how HTC implements the backlight driver? Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest taridzo
You can add a backlight button to the HTC Homeplug, aside from that it's in the settings

Thanks for the response, but would the HTC Homeplugin have a programming interface that I can use in C# or C++. For instance, does it have a brightness.exe that I can call within my program with commandline arguments?

Guest Mr_Gee
Thanks for the response, but would the HTC Homeplugin have a programming interface that I can use in C# or C++. For instance, does it have a brightness.exe that I can call within my program with commandline arguments?

thats something I'd also like to see

Offtopic

Something similar for the sound level would also be nice :-)

Guest NuShrike

Disassemble backlight.dll. That's how I got my program working.

You'll need to DeviceIoControl("BKL1:") and send it some control codes. The HTCutil.dll has most of the API you need.

When I have more free time, I can put out an exe you can call to with params to do that ... otherwise, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest taridzo
Disassemble backlight.dll. That's how I got my program working.

You'll need to DeviceIoControl("BKL1:") and send it some control codes. The HTCutil.dll has most of the API you need.

When I have more free time, I can put out an exe you can call to with params to do that ... otherwise, I'm sure you can figure it out.

That sound exciting already, NuShrike. I'd greatly appreciate the exe (and code possibly?). I'm not sure how I should dissamble a dll file, the best i've done is getting the exported methods names (e.g. BKL_Open).

• 11 months later...
Guest karpikpl
That sound exciting already, NuShrike. I'd greatly appreciate the exe (and code possibly?). I'm not sure how I should dissamble a dll file, the best i've done is getting the exported methods names (e.g. BKL_Open).

can someone please help...

I need to fix this backlight problem but I don't know how to get and dissasemble backlight.dll