i780 phone turns off till reboot?

Guest Lugus von Thierfeld

Guest Lugus von Thierfeld

I guess many people experience this sometimes - the phone on the i780 sometimes turns off and you gotta reboot to have it turned back on - not possible in the wireless manager before you make the reboot. Any ideas why and what causes this to happen?

Peace.

Guest blakatak

This was happening to me too while I was in the Philippines, where I bought the phone, but then I went to Taiwan and then U.S. and the problem went away. I think it might be related to a problem with the network it's trying to connect to, although that seems counterintuitive.

If it is a known issue that I'm just lucky enough to not be experiencing right now, and if there's an answer to why it happens, I'd love to know...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingmonkey
I guess many people experience this sometimes - the phone on the i780 sometimes turns off and you gotta reboot to have it turned back on - not possible in the wireless manager before you make the reboot. Any ideas why and what causes this to happen?

Peace.

Its not the phone turning off but the backlight. the default seems to be using the power button to turn the backlight.

But you can go to the settings and change to any button power on.

Guest blur_blur

The new ROMs will solve this problem, it's a bug in the original firmware. I just flashed mine to C4 radio with D1 ROM (PDA portion only). Works very well so far.

Guest blakatak
The new ROMs will solve this problem, it's a bug in the original firmware. I just flashed mine to C4 radio with D1 ROM (PDA portion only). Works very well so far.

Yeah, I've been checking out the New ROM thread on xda-developers, but it still seems to be a little flaky. I might wait until the WM6.1 ROM becomes available later.

Are there any other radio updates or new features you would recommend from the new ROM? The new Today screen looks nice, I must admit, although I was going to try PointUI on it.